JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IrScrutinizer: capturing, generating, analyzing, import, exp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is it possible to use this with WinLIRC?

Lirc is a strange animal, and WinLirc even more (Is it still supported?) Using WinLirc should work. But be sure to check what it is supposed to do; it basically is a graphical irsend command; not that useful. It does not allow you to receive, because Lirc was not designed that way.

Quote:
When I try using LIRC as transmitter, I get a dialog, "No remotes present" which returns in an infinite loop when I press OK to dismiss it and end up having to kill process javaw.exe.

Is it possible that there are no remotes possible? In all cases, going into an infinite loop is of course not acceptable. Can you give me more details, so that I can try to reproduce? Please turn on Options -> Verbose.

Quote:
When I try LIRC as receiver, I get "No capture device, aborting."

There is no such thing as "using Lirc as receiver". There is "Lirc mode2" which may be somewhat trickier. It is described in the manual. I do not know if WinLirc comes with a mode2 program.

Quote:

I'm guessing this must only work with LIRC on Linux, but is there a workaround to make it work on Windows? Reason being WinLIRC is compatible with my MCE receiver/blaster and IRScrutinizer doesn't have native support for this hardware.

On Linux, there is the /dev/lirc interface, but it is hidden for Windows users (because it is supported on Linux only).

* What hardware do you have?, exactly
* What is your goal?
GnatGoSplat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
Is it possible that there are no remotes possible? In all cases, going into an infinite loop is of course not acceptable. Can you give me more details, so that I can try to reproduce? Please turn on Options -> Verbose.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure, where should the remotes be? In WinLIRC, I have a .cf file in the remote dropdown. I can select codes in the code dropdown and click "Send Code" button to transmit them.

To get the infinite loop, I just have to click the "Sending hw" tab, then Lirc tab. I then get "No remotes present" over and over. I didn't have the logging window big enough to see it all, so I tried again with the window expanded and this time it said "No remotes present" just once and no loop, but this is what it logged:

Code:
Sending command `VERSION' to Lirc@127.0.0.1
Connecting socket to 127.0.0.1:8765
Sockettimeout Lirc: Read timed out
Lirc command failed.
Sending command `LIST' to Lirc@127.0.0.1
Lirc command failed.

Another time, it actually did something. I didn't change anything, just killed javaw.exe process and restarted the program.

Code:
Received `BEGIN'
Received `VERSION'
Received `SUCCESS'
Received `DATA'
Received `1'
Received `WinLIRC 0.9.0i by <jim@jtan.com>, <baily@uiuc.edu> and <i.curtis@gmail.com>'
Received `END'
Lirc command succeded.
Received `BEGIN'
Received `VERSION'
Received `SUCCESS'
Received `DATA'
Received `1'
Received `WinLIRC 0.9.0i by <jim@jtan.com>, <baily@uiuc.edu> and <i.curtis@gmail.com>'
Received `END'
Lirc command succeded.
Received `BEGIN'
Received `LIST'
Received `SUCCESS'
Received `DATA'
Received `1'
Received `..\config.cf'
Received `END'
Lirc command succeded.
Sending command `LIST ..\config.cf' to Lirc@127.0.0.1
Received `BEGIN'
Received `LIST ..\config.cf'
Received `SUCCESS'
Received `DATA'
Received `45'
Received `Up'
Received `Down'
Received `Right'
Received `Left'
Received `OK'
Received `1'
Received `2'
Received `3'
Received `4'
Received `5'
Received `6'
Received `7'
Received `8'
Received `9'
Received `0'
Received `Settings'
Received `Back'
Received `Exit'
Received `Home'
Received `Power'
Received `CC'
Received `Red'
Received `Green'
Received `Yellow'
Received `Blue'
Received `Apps'
Received `LiveTV'
Received `Mute'
Received `Sleep'
Received `Play'
Received `Pause'
Received `Stop'
Received `Rewind'
Received `FFwd'
Received `Sleep'
Received `Input'
Received `Netflix'
Received `Amazon'
Received `Vudu'
Received `YouTube'
Received `Vol+'
Received `Vol-'
Received `Ch+'
Received `Ch-'
Received `-'
Received `END'
Lirc command succeded.
Lirc command failed.

Looking better there, but that hasn't happened more than once.

Quote:
There is no such thing as "using Lirc as receiver". There is "Lirc mode2" which may be somewhat trickier. It is described in the manual. I do not know if WinLirc comes with a mode2 program.

I see, I don't see a mode2 program in the WinLIRC folder.

Quote:

* What hardware do you have?, exactly
* What is your goal?

It's the Microsoft eHome MCE receiver with IR blaster capability. Same as this one.
https://plone.lucidsolutions.co.nz/linux/mythtv/microsoft-remote-control-and-receiver-1.0a-for-media-center-pc-with-windows-model-1040
PC is a Core i3 7100 16GB RAM running Win10 build 15063.

My end goal is in hopes to find discrete on/off for a Sharp LC-43N6100U (Hisense) TV. Most basic codes are identical to Vizio, but Vizio discrete on/off doesn't work so I have to somehow scan for other codes and Google doesn't seem to find that anyone has ever found the discrete codes for Hisense. Once I've found those codes, I would like to be able to use Windows Task Scheduler to send the appropriate on or off when the computer starts, shuts down, sleeps, or resumes because I'm using the TV as a PC monitor and it doesn't support DPMS power on/off.
Barf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens is that WinLirc does not answer.

Code:

except for sometimes:
Quote:
Another time, it actually did something. I didn't change anything, just killed javaw.exe process and restarted the program.

I downloaded WinLirc 0.9.0i, and it did not answer either. I also tried this with the firewall off (Also Windows 10.)

This is a (serious) bug in WinLirc. Please report it, here?. (I have no idea if anyone cares...)

I will have a look at how IrScrutinizer handles silly Lirc servers. I could not reproduce the infinite loops.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: