JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Off Topic - Home Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an "upgrade" to my sound system. I've been running with a set of Logitech PC speakers as my audio set. It sounded pretty darn good, but when the source was soft, I had to run them at full volume and sometimes I wished there was a little more volume to be squeezed out. I saw my son had an old stereo that looked a lot beefier than my PC speakers and asked him if I could give that a try, but he had better things. He had an old 7.1 AVR (Sony STR-DE675), no HDMI but it offers 100 watts of per channel and two Floor standing 4 way speakers (Sony SS-F6000P ) in storage. 4 foot tall towers must be a guy thing, but they look surprisingly good next to a 104" screen. He can't find the remote, do you think that is going to be a problem, Rolling Eyes Laughing The projector is doing the input selection since the AVR doesn't have HDMI. The AVR is just amplifying the sound.

Volume and tone and lip-synch is great even if I am feeding this with the 3.5 jack from the projector. However, my PC gaming speakers with Subwoofer did a better job with the explosions, helicopters, and other deep rumbling sounds. I am going to have to pick up some kind of powered subwoofer. Because this is in my basement and sees maybe 6 hours of use a week I don't want top of the line, but I don't want it to be outclassed with those Sony budget floor speakers either. Any ideas?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
greeno

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the long delay. i'd look at these powered subwoofers and pick based on your budget.

https://www.monoprice.com/category?c_id=109&cp_id=10906&cs_id=1090602

Best,
jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: