JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EZ-RC alternative for my Monster remote?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Teammaf
Please download development build 18 of RMIR v2.04. This is simply a RemoteMaster.jar file to replace that in build 14. It fixes the bug that prevents build 14 from doing a raw download with XSight-style remotes. If you can do a raw download with this build, please post it for us to look at.

@Rob
It may be a joint effort to produce an RDF. All the XSight/Nevo remotes have essentially the same RDF, but this remote doesn't look like other XSight/Nevo remotes so there may be a significant difference. Let's get the raw download first, which will help us (me, at any rate) to know a bit more what we are dealing with.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we also need a good image, will this one do (once we've trimmed the edges off)? I wonder if we'd want to rotate it for use in RM?
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61PaAabjvCL._SL1000_.jpg

xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one cheap on eBay.. I'll donate to the cause.
Teammaf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:

What are you buying one? How much is it? It is a real nice remote once you get it setup though if you need a spare. I bought it cheap in turn thinking to resell it but once I programmed it I realized how useful it was and as said its worked on every device ive thrown it at.
Teammaf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
@Teammaf
Please download development build 18 of RMIR v2.04. This is simply a RemoteMaster.jar file to replace that in build 14. It fixes the bug that prevents build 14 from doing a raw download with XSight-style remotes. If you can do a raw download with this build, please post it for us to look at.

This is what I get even after replacing that file:

Its all greyed out, it seeminly completes download, it doesnt fail, Save button highlights, but when I click save nothing happens.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teammaf wrote:
xnappo wrote:

What are you buying one? How much is it? It is a real nice remote once you get it setup though if you need a spare. I bought it cheap in turn thinking to resell it but once I programmed it I realized how useful it was and as said its worked on every device ive thrown it at.

No - I don't need one. Just saying that if Rob or someone wants one to help you build RMIR support for it I will donate to the cause.
Teammaf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
Teammaf wrote:
xnappo wrote:

No - I don't need one. Just saying that if Rob or someone wants one to help you build RMIR support for it I will donate to the cause.

Yeah IDK If i cant get anything to come up on my end Raw Data wise, what difference will it be having one in hand. Perhaps this remote is a straggler that is too proprietary to work with RMIR.

Unless jumping to another RDF and renaming it would work? I tried a few already but no different results. Maybe if I can find something that operates similar to it i can rename it and itll better pull data?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Teammaf
Please open RMIR, try the raw download again with build 18, close RMIR and post the rmaster.err file for me to check. Build 18 resolves one bug that causes raw download to fail on XSight-type remotes, but your remote is different from anything we have seen before and there may be a separate bug.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
Just saying that if Rob or someone wants one to help you build RMIR support for it I will donate to the cause.

As it is such a different remote, I think it will be very helpful for you, as an expert, to have one to assist with testing and perhaps also with the extraction of data we may need for the RDF.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I don't mind helping with the RDF if no one is itching to. I'm a bit rusty but am sure it will come back..
Teammaf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
@Teammaf
Please open RMIR, try the raw download again with build 18, close RMIR and post the rmaster.err file for me to check. Build 18 resolves one bug that causes raw download to fail on XSight-type remotes, but your remote is different from anything we have seen before and there may be a separate bug.

Heres what it says after I attempt a raw download, get the greyed box/no information/cant save, close out, and check .err log of it.

Device comes up as 0007 PID on usb. I have to rename the RDF USB7, USB0007 doesn't work.

Code:
Starting raw download
Interface Name = NULL
Port Name = NULL
Testing interface: JP1.X Serial
Port Name = NULL
Testing interface: CommHID
Remote found: Manufacturer = Universal Electronics Inc., Product = Monster AVL-50 USB HID (C) 2009, Product ID = 7
Port Name = HID
Opened on Port HID
Opened interface type 201
Interface opened successfully
Base address = $0
Remote signature = USB7
Initial buffer size  = $80000
Final buffer size  = $80000
Read versions from remote failed to initiate
Number of bytes read  = $0
Ending raw download
RemoteMaster.windowClosing() entered
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the cheap remote on ebay got snapped up, so I hope it was one of you guys:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/142183271910
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I went ahead and got it. Hopefully it will get here soon and I can help with the RDF (assuming there aren't larger issues at play).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know what you think of it, if you like it and another cheap one pops I might get it for my son, I think he will think it's fancy, lol.
Teammaf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
Yeah, I went ahead and got it. Hopefully it will get here soon and I can help with the RDF (assuming there aren't larger issues at play).

Yeah that was a good deal there. I think I gave $10 on mine but it was at a rummage like sale.

If you can happen to find the "monster" branded appliances you can do thermostats and lights with it too, but good luck finding any of that stuff years later.

To mess around locally on the remote you can hold the SHIFT key until a prompt comes up and theres some on remote options you can do(how i found the codes). If you have the "MONSTER" option highlited under devices(dont select it just highlight it) and hold the shift key you'll get a different set of options.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: