JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Multiple Adjacent USB IR Receivers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sobador

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Multiple Adjacent USB IR Receivers Reply with quote

I currently use on Ortek USB receiver for my LibreELEC Kodi system. I have it programmed into my JP1 remote and it works great.
I want to get a different USB receiver to control a different machine but have the second receiver sitting right next to the Ortek receiver. Obviously I can't get another Ortek receiver because they would conflict (right?) and I don't want one button press to control two different machines.
However, I'm not sure if I get a FLIRC receiver or the Inteset receiver from Amazon if these would conflict with the Ortek. I'm also really not sure how to program them into my JP1 remote since I can't find codes for these in the Files section and they don't come with remotes.
So I have 2 questions:
1) Does anyone know if these would conflict with the Ortek receiver or if it can be programmed around that?
2) How would I program the JP1 to talk to these receivers? Neither USB receiver comes with a remote so I'm not sure how to learn all the commands.
I'm also not completely familiar with all the proper terminology so I'm not sure what I should be searching for. Thanks for any help you can give!
yaworski

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know neither Ortek nor Inteset receivers, but Flirc actually emulates an USB keyboard. You use a dedicated software you can download from Flirc website to program your receiver to work with almost any remote. I would suggest setting your JP1 remote to any device (or creating your own) which uses one of the NEC family protocols (preferably NECx1/NECx2 an they use full frame repeat in contrast with NEC1/NEC2). They work really well with Flirc. After that just use Flirc software to map it to keys and functions you need.

As for the issue of conflicting with other receivers, I don't think Flirc would cause any issues. It's mode of operation is totally different than other generic or MCE IR receivers. As long as you use a different remote (or device on the universal one) to control Flirc than for other receivers it should work well.

PS. I use Flirc for a long time now with a great success and I'm also helping Flirc's maker on the product's forum whenever I have some free time (you can find me there under username 'yawor').
sobador

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply! That makes a lot of sense. It seems like that the Flirc receiver will work perfectly for me. Thanks for your help with this!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: