JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR cannot create a new remote image

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyCanuck

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: RMIR cannot create a new remote image Reply with quote

I have an Nevo C3 on order and thought I would get a head start on my config, but when I try to create a new file I get the following error:

Quote:
RMIR cannot create a new remote image for this remote

Same error if I select the Xsight Touch.

I do know my way around RMIR, I use a Nevo C2 in our spare room, but I created that file from the base config loaded from EZ-RC (which won't be an option once the new remote arrives).

There are a couple of C3 files in the diagnosis area. Can I use one of those and deleted everything and then populate it with my devices as a workaround? Any other ideas?

Thanks!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you do File > New > Remote Image in RMIR, you get a message warning you that this is not intended as a way to start a setup for real use. In the case of the XSight remotes, it is not even possible to do so, as you have discovered. The preferred procedure is to download a setup from the remote and then modify it. To create a brand new setup, do a factory reset and download that.

In your case, however, I expect that what you want to do is copy the setup of your Nevo C2 to your new Nevo C3. You can do this as follows:

1. Load the setup of your C2 into RMIR, either by downloading it or reading in a .rmir file.

2. Use File > Save As to save it as an IR file (*.ir) by using the drop-down box Files of Type to change to this type.

3. Edit the saved file with a text editor to change the final value in the [Signature] entry from 36 to 37 and save the edited file.

4. Open the edited file in RMIR. It should now say that it is a Nevo C3 setup.
JohnnyCanuck

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ... worked perfectly. I was hoping to start from scratch as it is for a different room, but the cable box is the same set of commands and the TV is the same brand (Sony) so it's a good starting point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: