JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

learning APP or help creating remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirps1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: learning APP or help creating remote Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Need to create a remote Evo Nova Twin satellite box for my sling box pro hd

very very new to the forum. I understand with a learning remote and need a Nevo C2 remote, learn my current remote to the Nevo C2 and then save the remote to the pc an create a RMDU file.

question I have a ir receiver to usb, I think its a old Microsoft media centre ir receiver. I also have a htc one m8. Can I not learn my satellite remote with any of the above or is there a easier way to create a remote from my Slingbox pro HD.

I am based in UK Essex, if anyone can help as I need to create this ASAP I would be grateful.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advanced
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: learning APP or help creating remote Reply with quote

kirps1 wrote:
question I have a ir receiver to usb, I think its a old Microsoft media centre ir receiver. I also have a htc one m8. Can I not learn my satellite remote with any of the above or is there a easier way to create a remote from my Slingbox pro HD.

If you can capture remote signals with what you have, give it a shot. I have no idea what format these will come out in, but we can see if we can decode it once you post it.

Of course, now that you've said you're from Essex, I have an old Ian Dury tune in my head, lol.
kirps1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL..

Need the remote asap and running out of time.

I have a EVO NOVA Twin Satellite box http://evostb.com/?q=product&id=304

If theres anymore in Essex that can do it please let me know today as I don't mind paying for this service. I know the principle but don't have time to do it myself... cant believe I just wrote that last line, sounds dirty in some ways...LOL
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fastest way is to buy a URC-6430 or URC-6440 remote (don't get a URC-6420). Learn the signals, check that the learned signals work, and then plug the remote into the USB port on your computer. If using Windows, a File Explorer window will open. Save settings.bin (about 115 KBytes) to your computer and upload it to the Diagnosis Area of the File Section here. Post a link to your uploaded file, and we'll turn it into a bin file for the Slingbox.
Knuckx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: learning APP or help creating remote Reply with quote

kirps1 wrote:

If you can have the IR blaster on your HTC One M8 learn and export the buttons to pronto hex or a raw timing format, that should also be workable.
The Microsoft MCE recievers tend to be single purpose - they only work with the MCE protocol, and will be pretty usless for this task.

The Robman wrote:
Of course, now that you've said you're from Essex, I have an old Ian Dury tune in my head, lol.

Oh dear Surprised

EDIT: this is the remote for the Evo Nova; this is the remote for the zgemma H.2s. We have a setup for the ZGemma H.2s here, which might be worth a try as they appear identical.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So kirps1, please give the following upgrade (that Knuckx posted) a try before doing anything else:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13950
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: