JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Repeat rate for Xsight/Nevo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arantius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Repeat rate for Xsight/Nevo Reply with quote

I'm using a Nevo C2 remote and loving it. Recently I've noticed double-actions when pressing buttons. In some JP1 remotes (extenders?) I've seen the ability to configure repeat or hold times for the buttons, and I'm hoping that there is such a thing for this remote, but I haven't been able to find it.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't. But we can offer alternative codes or modify protocols as a last resort. Tell us what make/model device and code you are currently using.
arantius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. My biggest problems right now are with the TiVo, a Roamio model.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no such issue with several Nevos and Roamio. Have you tried rebooting? Is it possible some new reflective surface in the room is having some effect? Have you tried my Tivo upgrade?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13879
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If necessary, we could make a "no repeats" version of the Tivo protocol.
Mozgolom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for my terrible english. I also use nevo c2 and also have problems with double taps on some devices. I created Favorites Macros with a channel number, for example, 303. When I click on this macro, NEVO starts sending the numbers 3 0 3 one by one, but hold time of each digit too large and my satellite receiver perceives the first digit 3 as long press the number 3 and 333 appears on my TV screen. Is there any way to shorten the time of pressing each button?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try setting the the Inter digit pause to 0.1 sec and Digits to 4, as shown here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version#Xsight.2FNevo

What is the make and model of your satellite box?
Mozgolom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Try setting the the Inter digit pause to 0.1 sec and Digits to 4, as shown here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version#Xsight.2FNevo

What is the make and model of your satellite box?

Will be able to check only on Saturday. My sattellite box is General Satellite HD-9303.
Mozgolom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested Nevo on your advice. The problem is not solved.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post your RMIR file so we can make a no-repeats protocol version of that device.

EDIT: Looks like your box is supposed to use an NEC1 protocol. If you're using learns, then we can give you an actual device with the correct protocol after we see your file. If you're using a code built in to the remote or from EZ-RC, you can change the protocol to NEC1 yourself.
Mozgolom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25004
And the same problem with double clicks being present with others device Digma.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the New Satellite and New Digma in this file. I have changed your favorites, macros and activities to use the New devices. Your original learns are still in the file but can be deleted if my New devices work better.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25002

I couldn't read all the Digma signals. Only digits 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 currently work. You need to re-learn the following for me to complete the device:

Volume Up
Yellow
Blue
Rewind
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mozgolom wrote:
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/HLA5/moiLwkx99
And the same problem with double clicks being present with others device Digma.

Mozgolom, I saved your file in our Diagnosis Area, please load any future files there instead of using an offsite host.
Mozgolom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Try the New Satellite and New Digma in this file. I have changed your favorites, macros and activities to use the New devices. Your original learns are still in the file but can be deleted if my New devices work better.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25002

I couldn't read all the Digma signals. Only digits 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 currently work. You need to re-learn the following for me to complete the device:

Volume Up
Yellow
Blue
Rewind

Everything works. Many thanks for the help. But i have any questions.
You have made some changes in the protocol using RM? Сan I get some instructions how to do it if I need it in the future?
And last question. When i use activity Whatch TV power button on Nevo C2 controls the power of my TV. How to make a power button operated power of my Sattelite Box?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the activity buttons assignments at the bottom of the screen, assign Power to Satellite. I've uploaded this change to the same link as before and you'll have it if you download again. I also removed your old devices and learns that I had replaced.

After seeing your file, I did not have to change any protocols. I simply replaced your learns with an actual device upgrade which is explained here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version#How_Do_You_Create_An_Upgrade_From_Scratch

Unlike learns, upgrade files have perfectly formed signals. Learns can have too many repeats or incomplete signals as was the case with yours. The main goal of a JP1er is not to have any learns but convert all to device upgrades because they are better and take much less memory and are easy to amend and share with others.

I did the "Automatic" upgrade conversion.

But as I said before, your Digma upgrade is NOT complete. It is missing the list of functions I posted earlier.

To add them, learn them again, go to the learned tab and note the OBC. Then edit your Digma device on the devices tab, go to the functions tab and add the function and OBC you noted before. Then go to the buttons tab a drag to the appropriate buttons. OK, then upload to remote.

Last edited by mdavej on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: