JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OARUSB04G power macro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: OARUSB04G power macro Reply with quote

I'm giving the OARUSB04G a shot at being my upstairs remote where all it needs to do is control my AT&T U-verse and my Panasonic TV. So far I've got it all set up nicely except for one thing that I'd like to do, I'd like the POWER button to send a simple macro with both POWER buttons in it, as that's how the U-verse remote was setup and it worked ok.

However, when I tried to program that macro it didn't work properly. Best as I could tell, the TV turned on and then off again, and after that the POWER button didn't get any response from the TV.

I know this is because this remote has some sort of built in POWER button macro functionality. So, questions for the folks who know this remote well, is there a way to make a simple power macro work?
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: OARUSB04G power macro Reply with quote

Hi Rob. As you said, in one of the two Activity modes the remote would use Smart Power, which might actually be set up to suit your purpose. In Device mode the power button would just issue whatever command had been allocated. For any facility to go on any key we use the extender so don't know the normal set up well, but presumably it would include a power toggle command for each device.

By default I think macros can only go on the number keys, to be issued if the List key had first been held for 2 secs.
Can't remember what happens with 9xx commands or JP1 macros but think they might be able to go on some other keys as well, although perhaps not the Power button because of its special functions.

'SmartControl Master Power':-
1. Make sure you’re in the right One For All SmartControl mode—press the One For All SmartControl key corresponding to the activity you’re using (watch TV or watch movie).
2. Point the remote control at the devices and press the [Power] key for at least 2 seconds.
NOTES
Your devices turn on or off in the order of the combination listed in the One For All SmartControl setup. After the master power sequence has been completed, the remote control will be able to send other commands.
If one or more devices does not have a POWER key, the power off/on sequence may be slightly delayed when the remote control signals the device(s). This action is normal.
If you need to individually power devices on or off, select that device (by pressing the device key) and press the [Power] key

Excluding a device from Master Power:-
You can keep devices separate from the One For All SmartControl Master Power command—for example, if you want to turn your TV on and off by itself, independently of your watch TV or watch movie activity.
To exclude a device from master power
1. Press and hold the SETUP/[WatchTv activity] key until a device key flashes twice.
2. Press the key for the activity you want to modify. For example, if you want to turn a device on and off independently when you’re watching TV, press the SETUP/ [WatchTv activity] key.
3. Press the device key for the device you want to turn on/off independently.
4. Press [Power]. This device will no longer be turned on or off by the master power command in this activity. If you want to include the device in One For All SmartControl Master Power again, just repeat steps 1–4.

The manual used to be a bit hard to find elsewhere http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12385
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I had found the manual already, which is how I knew about some of the built in master power macro abilities. I did see the LIST+number macros, and the ones tied to the two activities buttons (which I don't use for anything).

It seems that all of the built in functionality requires a long button hold or pressing other buttons first, all of which are less convenient options, I'd like to just press the Power button and have it fire off both power commands.

So, I tried the regular JP1 macro thing using RMIR and it definitely programs something to the button, I see the TV button flas twice then the STB button flash once, but like I said, it cycles the TV on and off and that's it, then a 2nd press doesn't seem to do anything.

My guess is that, as macro buttons are programmed to be held for 2 seconds, the macro press of the power button is probably firing off the built in LKP version of the power button. So next I tried going to the activities panel and unchecking power from all the device modes, but that didn't fix it.
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a pain but pretty sure the extender would do it Very Happy
chuliu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, if my understanding is correct, you can trigger a power on activity by first press setup or learn button (depending on which of the two activities), and press power for 2 seconds. You can set which of the devices to be included in the activity by either in rmir or with the remote as tranx's post. Or you can trigger a macro to power on the tv and stb by pressing a device key, pressing and holding a macro key, and finally a numeric key on a remote. You need to program a macro first.

The above is for a oarusb04g without extender installed.

Although my oarusb04g has an extender installed, I am not sure how to set it up so that one press on power button can trigger a macro to power on my desired devices. Please shed some light.

Thanks.
tranx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuliu wrote:
...Although my oarusb04g has an extender installed, I am not sure how to set it up so that one press on power button can trigger a macro to power on my desired devices. Please shed some light.
I think shift cloaking, para 3.5 on p8 of the extender manual, could be used.
With any CEC settings turned off, and just using device modes, in RMIR, having cleared the power selection boxes in the activity pages:-
e.g. with TV power-toggle allocated to the unshifted Power button in the Tv device layout page,
and with the PVR power-toggle allocated to the unshifted Power button in the PVR device layout page.

Then a global macro could be set up for the Power Button as follows
"PVR; Shift-Power; TV; Shift-Power", which would toggle both devices on/off together and leave the remote itself in TV mode.
Instead, in either device mode, combinations of Shift and Power could be pressed to toggle power individually.

Or perhaps instead a DSM could go on the TV device power button (or some other button) to turn on(/off) the PVR: "(e.g)TvHdmi1; PVR; Shift-Power" to leave the remote in PVR device mode with the PVR on screen,
and a DSM on the PVR device power button (or the same other button) to turn (on)/off the PVR and go back to TV device mode: "Shift-Power; TV; InputTv". (the 'same other button' would switch back and forth between TV and PVR)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: