JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RokuTV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike.s

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: RokuTV Reply with quote

I just posted an rmdu for RokuTV, which works on Insignia and TCL ones. The one issue is that volume doesn't repeat, you have to press it multiple times. I don't know how to solve that.

(edit: volume repeat now works - uses NEC1 instead of "Official RoKu" protocol.)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an existing RMDU file for an Insignia TV, which uses the same protocol/device codes:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9786

I used that file as the starting point for my Insignia NS-48DR510NA17 tv.

In your file you mentioned:
Quote:
OBCs 10,11,65,68,113 are recognized, but function unknown.
57 acts like a Home key?
33 goes to top level (e.g. channels instead of home)

10 = channel up - works in antenna mode
11 = channel down - works in antenna mode
33 = unknown - brings up channels for me too
57 = unknown - works like HOME for me too
65 = dot (.) - beeps but doesn't do anything for me either
68 = zoom - no beep/response for me
113 = stop - exits from the Hulu search keyboard screen

You have 3 OBCs with different descriptions than what works for me:
34 HDMI1 - for me this is Movie Store
35 HDMI2 - for me this is Rdio (which is closed down)
36 HDMI3 - home screen

These OBCs work for me:
129 - instant replay
162 - HDMI 1
163 - HDMI 2
164 - HDMI 3

Btw, the number buttons (OBCs 0-9) beep but don't do anything on my TV.

Last edited by The Robman on Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
mike.s

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number buttons work when the keyboard is present. I didn't try everywhere, just in Netflix search. I just tried again, in Amazon video search - numbers work, and 65 enters a dash (-). May also work for antenna, not sure. That would make sense, since - is used for subchannels.

I think some of my results were screwed up because I was testing with Official Roku protocol. With NEC1, the OBCs you give work. Same with 34 for Movie Store.

I'll post an updated rmdu later - going to go through the OBCs above 127 first.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know you could search in Netflix, but I just scrolled down far enough to find the search box and confirmed that the number buttons and dash/dot button work there. I had assumed that they would work in antenna mode but they didn't. Of course, I don't actually have an antenna hooked up, I just have a couple of VCRs there that I could tune to for testing.

Btw, is there a quicker/easier way to trigger a Netflix search than scrolling all the way down to the search box? In Hulu you can just press the OPTIONS button?

Let me know if you find any other OBCs that just work in keyboard screens, like maybe for the alphabetic letters.

I just retried OBC 36 (your HDMI3) when I was in a keyboard screen and it acts like a channel menu code (like OBC 33).

I just in the Hulu search screen keyboard and pressed the STOP button and it exited the screen, just FYI. Also, the REWIND button acts as a backspace button, and the FWD button switches you over to the selections on the right.

Just as a suggestion, given how the numeric buttons are pretty much useless, I programmed the discrete input codes to the numeric buttons on my remote, and I did it in the same order that they appear on the channel home screen (ie, 1=HDMI1, 2=HDMI2, 3=HDMI3, 4= A/V, etc).

Last edited by The Robman on Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
mike.s

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also the generic search off the RokuTV home screen - numbers and dash work there, too. Yeah, there's a bit of inconsistency on what works how, where. Confused The replay button clears some searches, too.

Because of the minimalist Roku remote, the buttons seem to have gotten "overloaded" in inconsistent ways, depending on which app you're in. I haven't seen any UI guidelines from Roku which would make things better.

I have a suspicion that one of the unknown codes may be "aspect" (e.g. wide/zoom/etc) for the HDMI inputs, since that's almost universal on TVs, but I'm too lazy to try because I have no need.

I called OBC 33 "top level" because it doesn't just go up to channels. If you're in the news feeds, it will take you to the top level of those instead of home.

57 must do something more than home - AIR, when I was testing, it makes more noise than the home button did, although the end result was the same.

The RoKu app (iThing and Android) has a keyboard, but it doesn't work everywhere. And it uses an IP connection, not IR.
andyross

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Btw, is there a quicker/easier way to trigger a Netflix search than scrolling all the way down to the search box? In Hulu you can just press the OPTIONS button?

In Netflix, I think if you scroll UP with the current UI, it will go to a bar with search and other options.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyross wrote:
The Robman wrote:

In Netflix, I think if you scroll UP with the current UI, it will go to a bar with search and other options.

Thanks Andy, that works
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: