JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another "No Remote Found" issue with RMIR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raul_Giacoman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Another "No Remote Found" issue with RMIR Reply with quote

I am unable to upload/download to my RCRP05B remote anymore. This used to work (November 2015), on same computer.

- Windows 10 Pro.
- Device shows up with no errors in control panel.
- When uploading to remote, lights will blink on remote, but "No Remote Found" will still appear.
- RMIR - version 2.04, build 10.
- Interfaces:
JP1.X Serial version 0.22
CommHID version 0.4
JP1 USB version 0.031
JPS version 0.1
JP1 Parallel version 0.02
System Properties:
java.version = "1.8.0_121"
java.vendor = "Oracle Corporation"
os.name = "Windows 10"
os.arch = "x86"
I have uploaded rmaster.err file after attempting raw download: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14349

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll assume that you're using a USB cable. Let's check if your computer sees it as a COM port. Right click the Windows logo in the lower left hand button of the screen, and select Device Manager. Open the item labeled "Ports (COM and LPT)" and note what devices (if any) are shown. Now plug in your JP1 cable. In a few seconds, a new device should appear, labeled "USB Serial Port (COMx)", where the x in "COMx" will be a digit. If for example your computer showed "Communications Port COM1" before you plugged in the cable, it should show "USB Serial Port (COM2)" after plugging in the cable.

Since you see a flashing LED on your remote, I suspect this COM Port check will be OK, but be sure that you see exactly 2 flashes when the Downloading or Uploading progress indicator at the lower part of the RMIR window stops moving. There should be two flashes with either a download or upload.

If you do see this added device in Device Manager but the number of flashes is wrong, then the first thing to check is that the 6 pin connector is correctly seated (and not rotated 180 degrees). If the cable is correctly oriented then maybe the ribbon cable has broken or shorted wires.
Raul_Giacoman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In device manager, I see USB Serial like you described. I am also seeing exactly 2 flashes when doing raw download.
Raul_Giacoman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem was with the cable. I just received new cable and it is working. I plugged wire in backwards with new cable and it apparently bricked one of my remotes. That remote no longer blinks. With my old cable, my remote would never brick if I plugged in incorrectly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: