JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comcast XR2 remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyross

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Comcast XR2 remote Reply with quote

Has anyone with alot of UEI knowledge played around with a Comcast XR2 remote to find out how programmable it is, if any? It appears to be UEI, as it has the same setup codes, and even the batteries are branded Universal Electronics.

I tried an experiment to map the Motorola 30-second skip to a key. I set up the remote for Motorola (hold setup until green light, then press A.) I then tried the standard 994 code to try and map 00173 to a key. After pressing the final key, it does blink a bit, but it seems as if it does not actually map. Not sure if mapping is completely locked out, or if only some keys can be mapped (I tried the Search and D keys.)

Has anyone opened one up to see if it has the ability to add a JP1 connector to it in some form? The one I have I think is the latest, with separate play and pause keys, along with a swap button.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an X1 box (I assume you do), you can change the Pg Up Pg Down buttons to be a 30 second skip using this procedure:

Press: Exit, Exit, Exit, 0, 0, 3, 0.

You will see the box responding to those presses and it may even go to channel 30 - but from then on Pg Up & Pg Down will be 30 second skips. This is programming the X1 box, not the remote. You have no choice about which buttons. To revert back to normal operation:

Press: Exit, Exit, Exit, 0, 5, 0, 0.
andyross

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was actually related to a post on a Comcast forum by someone who had replaced their older remote. I was doing some experimenting with my own to see what limitations it had. These are not X1 boxes, but the older iGuide. As far as I can tell, it seems as if it recognizes the mapping commands, but won't actually apply it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: