JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can't download from remote - C2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbull

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Can't download from remote - C2 Reply with quote

I got this error message when trying to download. It suggested that I do a raw download and upload it here, so that's what I'm doing; hope it is the right section. I don't know how to upload a file here, so it is shared here:

http://dropcanvas.com/hp0ee
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post your raw download in the Diagnosis Area in the File Section. Use the links at the top of any forum page to go to the File Section, then select Diagnosis Area. Press the Upload button on that page. The rest should be self-explanatory.
redbull

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Please post your raw download in the Diagnosis Area in the File Section. Use the links at the top of any forum page to go to the File Section, then select Diagnosis Area. Press the Upload button on that page. The rest should be self-explanatory.
Tried, can't. The web site upload seems to be broken, I get this:

Quote:

Warning: require_once(./pafiledb/modules/pa_.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/robman94/public_html/ofa/forums/pafiledb/includes/functions_pafiledb.php on line 47
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted it for you.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14258
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, redbull. Your remote seems to have a peculiar device setup for your TV. It has a setup code of TV/2434 and a device upgrade that has custom protocol code with PID=00 00 and no assigned functions. I do not understand this. It appears to mean that none of the buttons on the remote would do anything when TV is selected. Can you shed any light on this?

PID 00 00 is the identifier for the Panasonic (Old) protocol and this was causing confusion to RMIR. That protocol is built in to the remote, so RMIR took the custom code to be replacement code for this protocol. However, they have different numbers of fixed bytes and that was causing the crash. You may not understand this, but other experts reading this thread will do so. I have fixed this in my working development version but before I post it I need to be sure that I'm not missing something. So please, can you explain as much as you can about the settings for your TV device.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think user hernfri's file had the same issue. Will your fix work for his file as well? (I'd post his dropbox file, but I can't get to it from where I am right now).

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=127082#127082

I have a guess that devices added then deleted in ez-rc may leave traces, hence an empty device. Do you think this is a possibility?

In case it's useful, here is TV/2434 from simpleset for comparison:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14259

It's RCA protocol 00 AF variant 2.
redbull

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for getting it posted, mdavej.

And mathdon, I did have a TV associated with the TV button, which is a TLC TV, from the EZRC site; it didn't have my exact TV model but it did have one which was very, very close. After I downloaded the code, you're right, the TV buttons with the TV selected didn't do squat.

Honestly, I've been using universal remotes for decades, probably still have a JP1 cable around somewhere, but I've never had issues like I'm having with this thing. I'm still using three different remotes like a savage. It's been a frustrating experience and I really need to calm down and sit and figure it out.

In any case, thanks for all the help, guys. Very Happy
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking out loud, could the EZ-RC site simply have a new bug, creating these bogus device configs? This is the second case of strange files we've seen after going years without seeing anything like this.

Redbull, if you just want to get your remote working, start a new config on EZ-RC and do the rest of the setup entirely with RMIR. I can pull some TLC upgrades from Simpleset and post them if you want. Otherwise we can create a new one using learns.
redbull

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Thinking out loud, could the EZ-RC site simply have a new bug, creating these bogus device configs? This is the second case of strange files we've seen after going years without seeing anything like this.

Redbull, if you just want to get your remote working, start a new config on EZ-RC and do the rest of the setup entirely with RMIR. I can pull some TLC upgrades from Simpleset and post them if you want. Otherwise we can create a new one using learns.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot and post my results.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I think user hernfri's file had the same issue. Will your fix work for his file as well?

That file is for an XSight Lite, redbull's is a Nevo and the two have different data structures. So my fix didn't work, but I have sort of fixed that also. "Sort of", since henfri's file is non-functional. I've made RMIR read it, but his raw download shows three devices, each with a device upgrade that has PID=00 00 and zero command bytes. Two of them have 3 fixed bytes, the other has 1 fixed byte. This is an invalid setup so RMIR now does something with it rather than crashing. Neither I nor RMIR have any idea how the remote itself would interpret such an inconsistent setup.

These fixes will be in the public release of RMIR v2.04 which is imminent, just as soon as new bugs stop crawling out of the woodwork Rolling Eyes .
redbull

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, plugging along. Went to EZRC, loaded a new config with no devices. Moved to RMIR. After some confusion with the instructions, loaded my receiver on the remote, it seems to be working fine. Honestly, the one and only thing I need for the TV on this remote is the Power button. I don't change inputs, I don't adjust volume, everything goes through the receiver.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grabbed all the TCL upgrades from UEI, but there are 30 of them. To narrow it down, could you learn a couple of commands and post your RMIR file?
redbull

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I grabbed all the TCL upgrades from UEI, but there are 30 of them. To narrow it down, could you learn a couple of commands and post your RMIR file?

My remote doesn't seem to want to learn any functions. I tried with a couple of different devices, it keeps saying "command not received." I tried with the TV, the Blu Ray player and the cable box. Same result. Remotes are just a couple of inches apart, pointing at each other. Any idea why it would do that?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learning eye is at the bottom of the Nevo, not the top.

For more, see pg. 13 of the manual:
http://www.oneforall.co.uk/downloads/dl/file/id/43/urc8602_manua_en.pdf
redbull

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Learning eye is at the bottom of the Nevo, not the top.

For more, see pg. 13 of the manual:
http://www.oneforall.co.uk/downloads/dl/file/id/43/urc8602_manua_en.pdf

RTFM, got it.

Here's the file with three buttons learned from TCL TV - Power, Channel + and Channel -

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14260
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: