JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NEVO C2 - Icon on function from different device

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: NEVO C2 - Icon on function from different device Reply with quote

I have a soft button on my TV device and created a beautiful icon that shows up great when the TV is the selected device. I want that same function available when my BluRay is the current device. In the Buttons tab for the BluRay device I can change the "Functions for Device:" to the TV and drag that function to one of the Soft buttons. Functionally, this works fine, but the "Alias" for that soft button is automatically filled in and cannot be deleted. So, on the LCD screen, the alias is displayed instead of my icon.

Is this just a limitation of the NEVO C2 or can it be done some other way? (I have already tried using a macro, which also functions correctly, but with no way to assign an icon.)
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the answer to this. As far as I am aware, RMIR is able to set all the available features of the Nevo C2 and similar remotes, but I am not an expert on how to use those features to achieve the sort of thing you want. I have an XSight Touch, which is of the same family as the Nevo and which I used to test the RMIR support for these remotes when I was developing it. However, I don't actually like these remotes. I find them very cumbersome to use, and so have not personally explored their capabilities.

I hope one of the experts who actually uses these remotes can answer your question.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to EZ-RC and in there, if you assign a function from another device, it gives you a radio button choice of 2: "Show Text Label:" with a field you type (just like the "Alias" in RMIR) or "Show Icon". "Downloading" to the remote (their term, opposite to ours) it works, i.e. the icon is displayed in the soft button.

If I then download from the remote into RMIR and then upload back into the remote from RMIR, the soft button now incorrectly displays the text name of the button instead of the icon.

This zip file in the diagnostics area contains 2 raw downloads - one as it was from EZ-RC and the other after being passed through RMIR. EDIT: I should have mentioned that the soft button in question is the one and only in the BluRay device.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. This info is news to me. I will look into it, but it may not be for a few days yet. Your downloads should give me enough information to work from.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted RMIR v2.03 build 10. The Buttons panel in the Device Upgrade Editor now has an extra column, "Icon?", when editing XSight Touch, Nevo and similar remotes, enabling you to select an icon instead of a text alias for functions from other devices. When an icon is selected, it takes precedence over the Alias, so there is no need to delete an existing alias. I hope this meets your needs. Apologies for the delay.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that this is fixed in build 10. Thanks very much for looking at this problem.
bruceas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to change the alias. In TV mode, I'd like to add two soft buttons for Reciver volume UP and volume down, and i'd like to use "Reciver Vol Up" as label, but i cannot edit alias.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceas wrote:
I'd like to change the alias. In TV mode, I'd like to add two soft buttons for Reciver volume UP and volume down, and i'd like to use "Reciver Vol Up" as label, but i cannot edit alias.
Post your RMIR file. I have no problem adding receiver functions to a TV device and editing the alias. I can also pick the built in speaker icons for volume up/down. What version of RMIR are you running?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: