JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem is, being in the US, I get different codes on EZ-RC than you do. And some brands/models are not available for me to choose. I get codes like 1360 for Denon, not 3642. Did your remote come from Europe originally, or from some other region? Perhaps this is contributing to the strange codes you see.

Cable code 2037 is the one and only iMON code I got when connecting to UEI's website and was the source of the Thermaltake rmdu file I made for you. Keep in mind that 2037 may only exist for a certain device type (i.e., Cable), and only that type will result in the correct codes. In your region, the code may be completely different than it is for me in the US.

Rather than entering the remote model in EZ-RC, you might have better success entering just the device model, i.e., x1100.

If a firmware update is available, EZ-RC will automatically prompt you to update. The fact that you haven't seen such a prompt means you are running the latest firmware.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Did you see my post about the map for the Xsight Lite being wrong? It appears as if someone took the original map I made years ago and associated it with a different image as well as renamed some of the buttons incorrectly. Would you please add this corrected map to the next version?
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14248

Will do. I have already posted it to the SVN.
henfri

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

> I get codes like 1360 for Denon, not 3642. Did your remote come from Europe originally, or from some other region? Perhaps this is contributing to the strange codes you see.

That's the thing: I get 1360 when doing it with the Remote and I get 3642 when doing it with EZ-RC. With 3642 the Denon does not respond.
How did you get 1360 from EZ-RC? What exactly did you enter? I would like to reproduce these steps in order to check, if I get the same code in EZ-RC if I do the same.

I am very surprised that there are different codes for diffent regions. Why should that be done? These Code-DBs are complex enough already without this.

Greetings,
Hendrik
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Denon model AVR-E400.

I can't explain the regional differences.
vbs_

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello gentlemen, newbie here. Cool I was very happy to find this software after years of using the horrible configuration website! So thanks for this!

I have several Xsight Touch remotes so I tried "RemoteMaster.v2.04build10" with them.

When I start the software and choose "Remote -> Download from Remote" then my remote is found correctly and the download starts. But then this error message appears:
Code:
Protocol Variant Error
Error in RDF. Wrong variant specified for PID = 00 FD. Number of fixed/command bytes should be 1/1, for specified variant it is 0/1.

Data is still loaded so I tried to backup my current configuration to disk as a .rmir file. This seems to work but when I try to load the configuration later then the program says "Error loading file wz.rmir".

This is the configuration file:
http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14351

Any hints are appreciated! Big thanks in advance!

Last edited by vbs_ on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an error in the files protocols.ini which is probably causing your problem. Download the revised version of protocols.ini into your RMIR folder, start RMIR and make a new download from the remote. I expect that it will work.

BTW, we much prefer that you upload files to our Diagnosis Area of the File section. That way, even years from now, we'll be able to see the problem. It also save time compared to figuring out how to access the various different information storing sites.
vbs_

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, I downloaded the ini-file it is working now! No error message anymore and I can successfully load a backup'd file from disk with it! Big thanks!

Sorry for missing the file section. I uploaded it there now and edited my previous post.
M3Rocket

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finally going to try to transition from EZ-RC to RMIR, but encountered a problem when I downloaded my devices from my XSight Touch (also have a Nevo C3) to RMIR where I have "conflicting" PID's.

It is not a problem in a sense because the config works and is basically a backup to what is stored on the EZ-RC cloud. But I forsee problems since I can't edit those conflicting devices without deleting since all the tabs in the Device Upgrade Editor window is grayed out!

Is there a way to Convert to Manual on the conflicting devices? I tried converting two of them to Manual, but then those devices don't work anymore. The original codes for those devices came from the EZ-RC site (they are not learned I believe).

Screenshot of Devices (with conflicting 00 5A PIDs):

Screenshot of grayed-out tabs:

[/img]
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If nobody else has a solution, just use one of our Oppo devices instead. It will be more complete that the one you got from the site anyway.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=132
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like there are two instances of "custom" 005A PIDs. If you can't replace both of them with upgrades from here, post your RMIR file in the Diagnosis Area of the File Section, and we'll try to see where the problem lies.
M3Rocket

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You both!

3FG wrote:
Looks like there are two instances of "custom" 005A PIDs. If you can't replace both of them with upgrades from here, post your RMIR file in the Diagnosis Area of the File Section, and we'll try to see where the problem lies.

I think I figured out why they show as "custom" on those two devices. The original devices from EZ-RC did not have discrete on/off function. I manually added them to those devices by "teaching" it from an old Pronto I had. Still not exactly sure why this caused a problem with RMIR but not EZ-RC.

I exported the Oppo from EZ-RC and my remote to an RMDU file, and from what I can see, the discrete on/off is identical to the on from this site. File is here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14370 So is this a bug?

mdavej wrote:
If nobody else has a solution, just use one of our Oppo devices instead. It will be more complete that the one you got from the site anyway.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=132

I wanted to avoid doing this to begin with because I would have to reprogram all the macros, activities and remap all the keys. But looks like it's the only way around this problem.

So I downloaded the BDP-93 file first from this site, and it too was missing the discrete on/off buttons. So am currently using the BD-83 file. Reprogrammed all the macros and activities, and it works fine now.

Problem is that there is no way to go back to using EZ-RC since it renders all the soft keys blank importing from the remote that is using the RMIR configuration. I was hoping to be able to use the EZ-RC site as the primary programming interface till I could learn RMIR and afterwards as a backup.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should not happen. Post your current RMIR file so we can have a look. My guess is maybe some character in the names that EZ doesn't recognize.

I added discrete on/off to the 93 file if you'd rather go back to that one. Doesn't matter as all the codes are the same. The 103 has the most functions.
M3Rocket

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx mdavej!

I could switch to the 103 since the 83 does not have the 3D key, but I suppose I could simply add that manually.

BTW--from looking at the files, looks like the 83 has 60 functions, and the 103 has 56 functions, so technically, the 83 file still has the most functions? Wink But I don't know what "equalization" and "sound meter (psm)" is since it's not on the 93 remote.

I uploaded the RMIR config: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14371

Specifically, all the extended functions for the Oppo does not transfer with the exception of the macros that I assigned to the soft keys. Meaning that in EZ-RC, I don't see the extended keys like discrete power, etc. Also, if you try to edit the "Activities" with the RMIR config, EZ-RC just crashes and goes back to the login screen.

From looking at it more, I think EZ-RC finds a "match" for the device name (Make and Model) and then uses it's own database file? That would explain all the missing functions. Perhaps EZ-RC doesn't do this with my originally EZ-RC modified device file because it is marked as "custom?" Or maybe the "Setup Code" may have something to do with it.

Oh yes--one other thing about EZ-RC. Certain icons assigned in RMIR appear differently than in EZ-RC.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cause of the problem isn't obvious to me. But I did make some changes that might help. I didn't try this in EZ yet, but I converted all your learns to devices. Even if EZ still crashes, at least my version uses a lot less memory and lets you add more Marantz functions easily (there are a few hundred available from xnappo's 1402 upgrade and linked documents).

Give it a shot. It's also likely I made some mistakes since I touched every macro and activity. Let me know how it goes. Obviously, save your original files first so you can go back if you need to.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14372
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll, I loaded my file on EZ-RC and am getting the same result as you. I even tried reassigning the old buttons and assigning new ones as well as changing the device code. It's a mystery to me.

In any case, hopefully you'll learn RM well enough to make the switch. I think you'll find it much quicker than EZ-RC. And it will be around long after EZ shuts down. And as you can see, you can load/save multiple configs so if anything goes wrong you can always go back to an older file.

I like your config. You've really used the remote to its full potential.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 35 of 45

Jump to: