JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Workable extender for URC-7800 Cinema 7?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aclinml

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Workable extender for URC-7800 Cinema 7? Reply with quote

Does anyone have a workable extender for the URC-7800 Cinema 7? I've tried loading in the 2nd 7800 extender, and have a few problems.

First, when I tried to open the 7800ex configuration file in IR, I got the following message;

"The RDF file is not in sync with this version of the program. Please copy all RDF files along with the executable program when installing a new version". I'm running IR version 4.01. The RDFsync line in the extender RDF says RDFSYNC=02. Don't know if this is a problem.

I go ahead and upload to the remote. The README says to then hold down the TV device key, and says the light should stay on. This doesn't happen. Next it says to hit the power button to start the extender. Once I do that, nothing else works. No lights on any button on the remote.

Can anyone give me some up to date info on the 7800 extender?

Thanks,
Mike
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the extender is OK and I guess that you used the RDF from the extender zip file which is very old.

If that is true then use the one from the RDF distribution zip file (link below my name). I would also upgrade to 4.0.2 of IR or the Beta 4.0.3.
aclinml

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Nils. Will the 7800ex2.txt file that I loaded down with the 7800ex2 extender work with the new RDF?

Mike
aclinml

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I loaded down the 4.02 IR and current RDFs and used the previously mentioned txt file. I did not get the RDF out of sync problem, so that is good. But it does the same thing. After uploading to the remote (I do get the 2 light flashes on the bottom left of the IR screen).

I hit the TV button and hold it down, but it only flashes once and goes out. Then I hit the POWER button and it flashes once. Any button after that does nothing. No more red lights for any button.

What do you think my problem is now???

Thanks,
Mike
aclinml

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I did a little more testing and think I found part of the problem.

If I take the 7800ex.txt file, and put my device codes in it, it appears to work in my remote. Now, one of the things I wanted to do was to put a macro on the TV device key. When I put the macro on the TV key, and I hit the power button, it then dies.

Can you tell me if I can put a macro on this key, or does the 7800ex extender require it to be unchanged from 7800ex.txt file?
Mike
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

First just to make sure you have the sequence correct.

1) Open IR
2) In IR do a file new and select the 7800 extender RDF
3) Open the 7800ex2.txt file
4) On the general panel make the device numbers the same as your original setup
5) Upload to the remote
6) Press and hold the TV button for a second or so
7) Press the power button one time and the extender shoild be activated
8) Now press the device button you want to try. Until you do no device is selected at all

In between 4 and 5 you could add any macros or keymoves from your original configuration

Now to answer your question, you must put macros on the device buttons. As a matter of fact there are already ones assigned by the extender to select all button groups for each device. Macros on the device keys are required since the buttons will not do anything without something on them.

The only thing I can figure would cause the remote to die after you press power is if there is no protocol for the device number selected in the device section. Make sure you copy any upgrades and protocols you need from you old configuration.

By the way, it is worthwile pressing a few different device buttons after the extender is installed before you press any other regular buttons to get the remote settled in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: