JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Apple TV 4 Siri remote "HOME" button
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobshults

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Apple TV 4 Siri remote "HOME" button Reply with quote

1. Device: Apple TV 4th Generation
2. Type of device: Media Player
3. Year: 2015/2016
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: RCRP05
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes
10. Learning remote question?
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? No
12. If you have a Nevo (or similar) remote, have you tried ez-rc.com or simpleset.com? N/A

The Siri remote which comes with the Apple TV 4 has a new "HOME" button which was not included on older ATV remotes. This new remote only transmits ATV codes using RF not IR so i can't learn the button code. The ATV4 will respond to IR codes from my old ATV remote. It also responds to my ATV device upgrade .rmdu file on my RCRP05. My problem is I simply cannot find an IR code for the "HOME" button. I find it hard to believe that Apple would overlook this code. The remote learning feature provided in the ATV4 settings does not include this code. Any help finding this code, if it exists, would be appreciated. Thanks.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For apple TV 4, it seems that not all remotes worked well, including Bose which is made by UEI, I believe. There appears to be difficulties with Pause/Play working reliably, and of course nobody seem to know how to get the Home button to work. However, UEI has a new setup code Cable 5207, which uses a feature of the official 01E0 executor-- it can send not only devices 238 (standard) and 224 (pairing), but also two other device numbers. In this upgrade the buttons, OK, Pause and Play use device 4 instead of device 238.

So it is probably worthwhile to search all OBCs for both device 4 and device 238. Of course, I don't know that the upgrade actually is intended for Apple TV 4, nor do I know the Home IR signal.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In many cases holding Menu for 3 seconds will perform the Home function, as will several presses of Menu. I don't think anybody has found the Home function yet, so if it turns up in your OBC search, you'd be a hero.
bobshults

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tested out the device upgrade provided by 3FG. The codes, OK and PLAY/PAUSE, marked 4TH (device 4) did not work. Standard codes worked as expected. Began an OBC search but got nervous and stopped after receiving unexpected/unanticipated results with some codes. One code called up an output resolution adjust screen and partially locked up the ATV4 box (would no longer respond to any IR commands). A restart resolved this. Another code forced the ATV4 to reboot. Might try again when I have more time to dedicate to the task. Yes Mdavej, I discovered that a long keypress of the MENU button will return to home screen. But, I'd like to use the home button in a macro to ensure the ATV4 box stops streaming and returns to the home screen when I exit and change to watching a different device. For now I have created a DSM with a series of MENU commands to simulate a MENU long key press. A bit crude but it works. If there is a way to simulate a long key press in a macro it would be cleaner. Meantime the search for the elusive HOME key code continues. Thanks for the responses. Bob
Jim-W

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone found the ATV HOME key code?

I heard Harmony might have it but my Harmony was disabled for some reason.

Thanks
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still doesn't exist as far as I know. Have to use long press Menu.
bobshults

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUCCESS! After years of searching I finally found an ir code for the AppleTV HOME/TV cmd. It is included with this Device Upgrade I have posted in Media Players with the other Apple TV upgrades.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26335

I found this ir command on the Channel Master Simple Remote model CM-7000XRC and was able to learn it with my RCRP05B remote and create the upgrade file. ENJOY!
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the channel master remote, and urc-7880 with code 2615( 02615) and they both control the Aplle tv 4k, but they don't match each other for any command. Apple seems to accept different IR code sets for the same commands.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobshults wrote:
SUCCESS! After years of searching I finally found an ir code for the AppleTV HOME/TV cmd. It is included with this Device Upgrade I have posted in Media Players with the other Apple TV upgrades.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26335

I found this ir command on the Channel Master Simple Remote model CM-7000XRC and was able to learn it with my RCRP05B remote and create the upgrade file. ENJOY!

Well done Bob, almost 5 years in the making. Now, if you're feeling really adventurous, you could try all 256 OBCs for that codeset to see if you can find anything else that works. If you're interested but don't know how to do it, let me know and I'll tell you.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is there a built-in UEI code in the Inteset 422-3 remote that matches Bobshults upgrade, especially efc for Home?

Seeing this thread at avsforum:

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/inteset-422-3-apple-tv-4k-home-button.3041256/#post-61101253

Me, I'm selling my apple tv with new siri remote and the channel master remote on ebay, I prefer the roku tv. Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed, no, I don't believe there is a matching UEI setup code in any remote.

That upgrade uses the NEC1-f16x protocol (a version of NEC1 where the command complement byte is something else) with device code 229.135. I am only aware of 2 UEI setup codes that use that protocol (those being audio 1115 and 1155) but they both use device code 238.135.

Having said that, there are a few setup codes in the Inteset that use the combo version of that protocol. These use 4 variable bytes of data, so you can't use EFCs to generate keymoves, but it's possible that some of the buttons are programmed with codes that you need. These are all AUDIO setup codes:
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob, using audio setup code 32061 the Zoom key on the inteset 422-3 has the Apple tv Home key. That's the bottom right key on the remote.

I couldn't keymove it to another device on the remote? But you can use it to teach a learning remote the commands, that's the big problem since the apple tv remotes are bluetooth, now anyone has IR command for Home available to them. Smile

Maybe Dave can post this in the other thread since he already has posts in that thread.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the button is part of an existing setup code, you should be able to keymove it to a different button, you just can't program it from scratch using an EFC.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think so but it doesn't work, I just get one blink of the light when I try the following:

1. audio(D) device
2. press and hold SET for two blinks release
3. enter 9 9 4
4. press Zoom
5. press B device key
6. pick a key, I only get one blink. No matter what key I try.

Same thing if I do the follow:

1. press and hold set for two blinks, release
2. enter 9 9 4
3. press D device
4. press Zoom
5. press B device
6. pick a key, one blink?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does appear that the Inteset supports that type of keymove, so I don't know why it isn't working for you. Have you tried doing it within the same device mode, like this:

1. audio(D) device
2. press and hold SET for two blinks release
3. enter 9 9 4
4. press Zoom
5. pick a key
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: