JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

atlas 1056B03
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for my confusion on the extender.

But I don't understand the button map issue. Wouldn't a command assigned to a button not in the map automatically get converted to a keymove by RM anyway? And why doesn't it have an asterisk to indicate it's not in the map? The average user isn't going to know what's not in the map without the asterisk. Is this due to an error in the RDF or a bug?

EDIT: Now I'm really confused. My initial conversion for the OP did indeed use the CBL device type which DOES have OnDemand ($20) in the map. So why didn't it work when he added the missing OBC?

Also the asterisks appear to be working fine for showing what's not in the map and automatically creates keymoves for those as well. So no matter what device type the OP chose, the button should have worked.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,
I don't know why your original file didn't work for ckeays.
Quote:
Also the asterisks appear to be working fine for showing what's not in the map and automatically creates keymoves for those as well.
The problem is that a stock 1056B03 doesn't support keymoves. That's the primary reason Graham wrote the extender (I guess it probably should be called a mini-extender).
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Dave,
I don't know why your original file didn't work for ckeays.
Quote:
Also the asterisks appear to be working fine for showing what's not in the map and automatically creates keymoves for those as well.
The problem is that a stock 1056B03 doesn't support keymoves. That's the primary reason Graham wrote the extender (I guess it probably should be called a mini-extender).
Ahhh... lightbulb finally went off! No keymove support without the extender.

My original file didn't work initially because the conversion from B01 to B03 dropped the OnDemand key, which I did not notice. I told the OP to simply add a new function and assign it to OnDemand. That should have worked since it was already CBL type. But he was doing this with the extender which may not have even been activated, so who knows. I guess I need to read up on that extender if all new Atlases are going to work this way.
ckeays

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And why doesn't it have an asterisk to indicate it's not in the map? The average user isn't going to know what's not in the map without the asterisk.

I didn't know this. Knowing this before would have saved me a great deal of trouble!

Tough to find all this info. Learning the RM program will take time.
ckeays

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Guys,

I have to say thank you again. I programmed my parents remote without a problem.

I was just wondering if it is possible to have the power key work in DVD mode for a different protocol. (I want to turn off the TV while in DVD mode without switching to TV mode because it's dark at night, even with the lighted remote it's hard for a senior to find the keys)

I should mention that the TV protocol is different than the DVD protocol so I can't change the function of the power button in DVD mode to a different protocol.

In DVD mode, the DVD device ON command is a different button than the power button, and the OFF command is also a separate button than the power button.

I don't want to shut everything off at once.

Is it possible to create a macro for just one device in ONLY one mode (i.e. DVD mode only) ?

I read through the tutorials but this is unclear to me.

Maybe not using a macro, is there another way?
tranx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ckeays wrote:
...Is it possible to create a macro for just one device in ONLY one mode (i.e. DVD mode only) ?...

Hi. In RMIR it's the 'special functions' tab, then click the 'new' box at the bottom of the page.

Then choose 'device' (the device which will carry the special function),
Coose the 'key' for the special function.
Choose 'DSM' (Device Specific Macro, which in your uploaded .rmir file seems to be the only special function available for the unextended BO3).

Add a sequence of keys to the DSM from 'available keys'.
N.b. the first key should be the device button to which the immediately following keys are assigned i.e. to set the device mode for which they will send signals.
(the device mode can be changed again by inserting other device buttons where needed and, after using the DSM, the remote will be left in the last device mode mentioned).
and 'ok' to finish setting up the DSM
ckeays

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks tranx that did the trick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: