JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One For All Remote OARUSB04G key repeat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
codysgm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: One For All Remote OARUSB04G key repeat Reply with quote

I have an One For All remote model OARUSB04G. I have not used JP1 on the remote. I have just used simpleset and manually entered codes. I'm trying to use the remote to control windows media center. I used code 1272 on the STB device. All the buttons work well the first time I press them but they don't function if you press them again. If I use the skip button I can only skip once if I use the skip button again nothing happens. If I press any other button on the remote between skips then it will work. This applies to most of the keys. Is there a 9xx code I can use that will solve this? Would using remote master solve this? I have multiple WMC units in the house and have the same issue with each system when using this remote. I have also tried learning the keys from another remote with the same results.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The learning is causing your problem. Learns won't toggle as this protocol requires. That's why only every other command works. You need to clear out the learns. Do a 981 reset and assign STB code 1272 or DVD code 1972.

We do have many Media Center files that you could load with JP1, but they are identical to the codes above. I can assure you those are the correct codes and they will ultimately work fine.

Exactly what make/model IR receiver are you using (make/model of the original remote is good enough)?
codysgm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: One For All Remote OARUSB04G key repeat Reply with quote

Thank you so much! Works like a charm now. Now I can have a yard sale to get rid of all the other remotes I've collected over the years that don't work near like this one. My IR receiver is a HP Model OVU400103/00.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it.

If any of those old universal remotes have a 6-pin connector in the battery bay, some of us around here might be interested. Post models and/or pics in the Marketplace forum before you put up that yard sale sign.

If you really want to get the most out of that OARUSB04G, check out Remote Master and the extender. That bumps it up to 12 devices and adds tons of new features.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: