JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR connects to JP2 remotes only (OS X 10.11.5/RM 2.03-14)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andgarden

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: RMIR connects to JP2 remotes only (OS X 10.11.5/RM 2.03-14) Reply with quote

First time poster--please don't bite.

I wonder if you have ever heard of a situation where RMIR will happy download from and upload to JP2 remotes but can't connect to JP1.3 remotes? I'm using Mac OS X 10.11.5 with RMIR 2.03 (14) and what I understand to be the latest version of Java.

Remotes that upload and download without any apparent error: Comcast-1067BX4, URC-2025, and Charter-1060BC2.

Remotes that will neither upload nor download: Comcast-1067BX3 and RCA RCRP05BR.

I have tried two interfaces, both using FTDI chips (TxSat & DIYGadget). Both fail in a seemingly identical way with JP1.3 remotes.

An excerpt from rmaster.err relating to my most recent failed attempt follows. Input welcome.

Code:
libraryFolder=/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build14/Mac OS X-x86_64
LibraryLoader: Java version '1.8.0_91' from '/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home' running on 'Mac OS X' (x86_64)
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp12serial' from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build14/Mac OS X-x86_64/libjp12serial.jnilib'...
LibraryLoader: Loaded 'jp12serial' successfully from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build14/Mac OS X-x86_64/libjp12serial.jnilib'
    JP12Serial version 0.20
LibraryLoader: Java version '1.8.0_91' from '/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home' running on 'Mac OS X' (x86_64)
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'hidapi' from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build14/Mac OS X-x86_64/libhidapi.jnilib'...
LibraryLoader: Loaded 'hidapi' successfully from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build14/Mac OS X-x86_64/libhidapi.jnilib'
    CommHID version 0.4
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp1usb' from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build14/Mac OS X-x86_64/libjp1usb.jnilib'...
LibraryLoader: Failed to load 'jp1usb' from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build14/Mac OS X-x86_64/libjp1usb.jnilib'
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp1usb' from java library path...
LibraryLoader: Java library path is '/Users/andy/Library/Java/Extensions:/Library/Java/Extensions:/Network/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java:.'
Unable to create JP1USB object: no jp1usb in java.library.path
    JPS version 0.1
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp1parallel' from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build14/Mac OS X-x86_64/libjp1parallel.jnilib'...
LibraryLoader: Failed to load 'jp1parallel' from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build14/Mac OS X-x86_64/libjp1parallel.jnilib'
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp1parallel' from java library path...
LibraryLoader: Java library path is '/Users/andy/Library/Java/Extensions:/Library/Java/Extensions:/Network/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java:.'
Unable to create JP1Parallel object: no jp1parallel in java.library.path
DecodeIR: Looking in '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build14'.
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'DecodeIR' from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build14/Mac OS X-x86_64/libDecodeIR.jnilib'...
LibraryLoader: Loaded 'DecodeIR' successfully from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build14/Mac OS X-x86_64/libDecodeIR.jnilib'
Starting normal download
Interface Name = JP1.X Serial
Port Name = /dev/cu.usbserial-DN01AWWT
Testing interface: JP1.X Serial
Interface matched.  Trying to open remote.
Port Name = /dev/cu.usbserial-DN01AWWT
Opened on Port /dev/cu.usbserial-DN01AWWT
Interface opened successfully
Base address = $600
Interface type = 5
Download error: null
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192)
   at javax.swing.SwingWorker.get(SwingWorker.java:602)
   at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteMaster$DownloadTask.done(RemoteMaster.java:691)
   at javax.swing.SwingWorker$5.run(SwingWorker.java:737)
   at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.run(SwingWorker.java:832)
   at sun.swing.AccumulativeRunnable.run(AccumulativeRunnable.java:112)
   at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.actionPerformed(SwingWorker.java:842)
   at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Timer.java:313)
   at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Timer.java:245)
   at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteMaster$DownloadTask.doInBackground(RemoteMaster.java:508)
   at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteMaster$DownloadTask.doInBackground(RemoteMaster.java:1)
   at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
   at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:334)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
RemoteMaster.windowClosing() entered
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andgarden wrote:
I wonder if you have ever heard of a situation where RMIR will happy download from and upload to JP2 remotes but can't connect to JP1.3 remotes? I'm using Mac OS X 10.11.5 with RMIR 2.03 (14) and what I understand to be the latest version of Java.

No, I haven't heard of this before. I know little about Macs so have been hoping a Mac expert would comment, but I see no-one has done yet.

I can interpret the error file for you and so tell you what is happening, which might help a Mac expert, but am at a loss to understand why it is happening. JP2 and JP1.3 remotes hold their signature in very different ways. jp12serial determines whether the remote is JP2 or JP1.3 and reads the signature accordingly. For a JP1.3 remote, the process of opening communication with the remote returns the address of the data area. This base address is reported in the error file as $600, which is correct for your remote, so this stage has worked. jp12serial then reads the first 10 bytes of this data area, the signature being held as ASCII in bytes 3-10. For some reason this read is failing. The Null Pointer Exception where the error file says "Caused by:" is this failure, RMIR at that point is reading the signature and the read failure is causing the signature to remain null.

jp12serial has different read routines for JP2 and JP1.3 remotes, which is how it is possible for one type to work and the other to fail. But without some expertise on Macs, I cannot see why this is happening. I am sure that other Mac users use RMIR with JP1.3 remotes, which just adds to the puzzle.
andgarden

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon, thanks for your initial thoughts. Hopefully someone can offer some expertise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: