JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Learning digit codes for cheap ebay pc controller remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smbs wrote:
Sorry if I was unclear
I was using learned signals but could not use learned signals for numbers due to old cellphone multipush buttons
As I said at bottom of my post above my RCA now seems bricked---I tried to upload a file to the remote and after unplugging the jp1 cable the cbl button starting flashing and then other device buttons flashed for awhile. I removed the batteries and replaced new ones and the remote is completely dead no light flicker and not found by rmir when connected.
I have a copy of the file .rmir which I uploaded which I think caused the trouble. Any factory reset combo??

Sorry that you've bricked your remote, hopefully somebody with more experience with this remote can help you fix it.

But back to your questions, now that we have established that you are in fact using learned signals, did you ever, at any point, download the memory of the RCA using RMIR and save it? If so, I would like to see it because I would like to see what the learned signals look like. I know that these signals don't replicate the number buttons, but it would tell us the protocol and device codes and then we could see if we have an upgrade that matches, and that upgrade might include the number buttons.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

These cheap no-name remotes typically use a custom protocol that you and Vicky kindly wrote years ago. All our upgrades for those remotes already include the num pad functions. I'm sure you're thinking like me that it sounds like a repeats related issue causing the unwanted triple tap behavior.

All the upgrades built so far for these are the "no-name" ones here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=156

Again, I'll reiterate that these remotes are garbage. They lack many core DVR functions (i.e., no Record, Guide, Menu, Info, etc.), and the dongle won't work properly on a system that needs to sleep/wake. With the arrow functions and num/qwerty on the same buttons, navigation and number entry is very awkward. A traditional MCE type of remote is far better. Ortek has all necessary DVR functions, good sleep/wake behavior and a mouse pad like the no-name.

I own a couple of older ones myself that I quickly took out of service (I'll even dig one out and post some learns if you want).

The OP already has other dongles that will work perfectly well for his application that use common protocols and upgrades.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't always assume that "no name" remotes are the same, so I was hoping that the OP would post his learns so that I could confirm that the signal is the same as the one that we created. He's not been very clear at writing descriptions, nor very good at answering questions, so this has been especially difficult to follow and resolve so far. But, if he is saying that his no name remote does correctly send the number buttons, but his learns do not, that is something I would like to investigate. Hopefully, if his signals do match ours, simply loading our upgrade will solve the issue.
smbs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
smbs wrote:
Sorry if I was unclear
I was using learned signals but could not use learned signals for numbers due to old cellphone multipush buttons
As I said at bottom of my post above my RCA now seems bricked---I tried to upload a file to the remote and after unplugging the jp1 cable the cbl button starting flashing and then other device buttons flashed for awhile. I removed the batteries and replaced new ones and the remote is completely dead no light flicker and not found by rmir when connected.
I have a copy of the file .rmir which I uploaded which I think caused the trouble. Any factory reset combo??

Sorry that you've bricked your remote, hopefully somebody with more experience with this remote can help you fix it.

But back to your questions, now that we have established that you are in fact using learned signals, did you ever, at any point, download the memory of the RCA using RMIR and save it? If so, I would like to see it because I would like to see what the learned signals look like. I know that these signals don't replicate the number buttons, but it would tell us the protocol and device codes and then we could see if we have an upgrade that matches, and that upgrade might include the number buttons.

Yes I have the learned files saved with rmir --but I am not sure how to upload them--- pls clarify where/how to upload them.
Thanx
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17302
smbs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=download&file_id=14053
Mitsubishi learned codes are from cheap remote--not digits and Nec1 codes from my Diamond remote with digits--
The files all have dates--the latest date or one before might have caused bricking---pls help in unbricking if possible
Many thanx
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other no-names also decoded as Mitsubishi, which was close but not quite close enough:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12913

Are you certain you actually tried all the no-name upgrades linked earlier? Looks like you loaded one but never assigned it to any device button to test it. This is the most likely candidate given the picture you posted:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9064

Why did you learn the Diamond when I already gave you the upgrade for it?

Did you try Vicky's suggestion for unbricking?
smbs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
The other no-names also decoded as Mitsubishi, which was close but not quite close enough:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12913

Are you certain you actually tried all the no-name upgrades linked earlier? Looks like you loaded one but never assigned it to any device button to test it. This is the most likely candidate given the picture you posted:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9064

Why did you learn the Diamond when I already gave you the upgrade for it?

Did you try Vicky's suggestion for unbricking?

I tried all upgrades maybe did not post the files.
I learnt the Diamond just because I wanted the numbers and was not sure the Diamond file would work--it was at an intermediate stage.
Regarding bricked Rca I tried Vicky's suggestion ---the Rca show some life lights started flickering but would not stop so removed the battery after returning battery and trying again Vicky's suggestion nothing happens completely dead. Looking back I might have inserted the 6 pin connection in the wrong orientation --could that cause bricking maybe there is still a solution out there ?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posts about the bricked remote have been moved here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=125410#125410
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: