JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR - do uploads fail when protocol isn't in protocols.ini
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, yes, you understand correctly. Thanks.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Liz: It has occurred to me that although your two remotes should be identical, the state of the batteries in them will not be. It would be very interesting to know what happens if you swap the batteries between the two remotes. Does the upload failure stick with the remote or follow the batteries?

@Vicky: If you want me to look into your problem of only one upload allowed, can you give me more information? Are these repeated uploads to the same remote or uploads to different remotes? When you say "per boot", I take it that you mean invocations of RMIR rather than re-boots of Windows. Can you post a rmaster.err file from a failed 2nd upload attempt? All this may not be enough to go on, but it will certainly help.

@Rob: From what Vicky has posted, RMIR closing when attempting to upload to a JP1 remote doesn't appear to be a general issue for 32-bit Java in 64-bit Windows with a Delcom interface cable. That's the only combination that I considered doubtful. Delcom with 64-bit Java doesn't work, as I said above, and 32-bit Java with 32-bit Windows is the old combination that worked for many years, so I take it that it still does. So if you want me to investigate further, I do need more information.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
@Liz: It has occurred to me that although your two remotes should be identical, the state of the batteries in them will not be. It would be very interesting to know what happens if you swap the batteries between the two remotes. Does the upload failure stick with the remote or follow the batteries?
Graham,
Great idea, especially that those batteries went through an enormous amount of transmisions to the Widget/IRScope. But ... with Java out of the way, IR can upload it. Anyway:
Remote #3 works with batteries from #2.
Remote #2 with swapped batteries from #3 can't upload because nasty java kills it. Failed before. Fails now.
Remote #2 with brand new batteries is defeated as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: