JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Marantz AV7702 Pre-Amp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marchewd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Marantz AV7702 Pre-Amp Reply with quote

I just picked up this pre-amp processor and I cannot find any codes for it. It uses the RC5/RC5x protocol and I am not sure how to configure it in RMIR. I have an excel file that has all of the codes (I can't find how to attach on this post), but I don't know if I just need to copy the Basic Hex code into RM to build the file or not.

1. Device: Marantz AV7702
2. Type of device: Tuner
3. Year: 2015
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: RCA RCU810
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, didn't find anything
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no attach option, we ask people to load their files to the Diagnosis Area and then post a link to them here

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=35
marchewd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robman! I haven't messed with my remote for over six years! Just got this new processor and trying to remember everything! LOL

I extracted only my model (AV7702) IR codes here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13660

Here are all of their 2015 Receivers/Processors here (might help someone else):
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13661

Thanks again,
Dan
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a lot trickier than I expected, I had to load these into KM and then transfer them to RM and there are way more functions than you could possibly need, and of course, more than you can fit on one remote.

The RC5/RC5x combo executor only allows you to mix 2 full RC5x device codes, so I had to split this into 2 upgrade files, and even then I was missing the 2nd Blu Ray code.

Here's file 1:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13667

and here's file 2:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13668

I haven't assigned many functions to buttons as I have no idea which functions will be useful to you.
marchewd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Rob!!!! In the past, the codes were super simple and I had no problem creating new upgrade codes. However, these left me in the dark! LOL. I'll give them a whirl this week.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you find that there are some buttons from the 2nd upgrade that you need, and some from the first that you don't, it might be possible to create a hybrid.

The main problem is, the executor allows for 4 device codes, but each device code only really accounts for 1/2 of the possible sub-device codes because you have to specify up front if the sub-device code is 0-63 or 64-127.

So, if you have functions that use RC5x with dev 16 and sub-device 63 and some that use dev 16 with sub-device 64, that will use up 2 of the 4 available device codes.

So, you might want to group the functions to decide what is the most useful so your final upgrade includes the most useful functions, and then if necessary, you can always keymove the additional ones from a 2nd "helper" upgrade.
marchewd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
I think the only button I need off of the 2nd file is this:

Blu-ray(BD)(Code1) 026 RC-5x 0 7,Sub<64 63 03 F5

How would I go about getting this single function integrated into the first code?

Thanks,
Dan
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would load both upgrades into the remote and then keymove that one button. You wouldn't need to include any buttons in the second upgrade.

Or, if you have another JP1 remote that you can program, you could load the 2nd upgrade into that remote and then learn the button into the RCU810.

Either way works.
marchewd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob. I will just learn the button, as my memory is just about full on my RCU 810 since nearly every code is a custom made code.

Thanks again for all of your help, it's greatly appreciated!!!

Dan
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing. If you want any help cleaning up for remote memory, post your IR or RMIR file, as we might be able to spot some ways to make it more efficient.

Also, are you using the extender? Because if you are, that disables the learning feature.
marchewd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
Here is my RCA RCU810 remote. I removed my last processor and added the Marantz AV7702.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13682

Dan
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you've already overflowed into the learning memory. The main thing that I notice is that your Video Acc/0420 upgrade is not assigned to a device button, and the only thing using it is a single keymove (the L2 button in VCR1 mode). And there appears to be an orphaned protocol upgrade in there too.

I tried rebuilding the file from scratch and the upgrade section is pretty much full just with the other upgrades, so the new Marantz upgrade is going to overflow it regardless.

And you must either buy really unusual devices, or just be one unlucky guy, to need an upgrade for every single device, wow!

You can replace the first learned signal (for the JVC TV) by adding the obc to the TV/0358 upgrade. Are the next 2 learned signals valid (on the L1 and L3 buttons)? If not, you could delete those. Deleting those learned signals will free up learning memory for more upgrades! Smile
marchewd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just custom building codes for all of my devices, but I do have a few that are pretty unique.

I went to load the upgrade into my remote today and it shows Memory Fault on the RCU810. When I try to clear the device, it says Bad E2. I broke out my spare RCU810 and tried just loading the Marantz code in a new remote upgrade and it does the same thing with that remote (Memory Fault/Bad E2). Is there anyway to clear the memory to try again? The WAF is very low right now since we do not have a working remote.

Thanks,
Dan
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you hate when that happens, it's like you work for an IT company and load something bad into production and you don't have a backup, and your users are complaining like mad, lol. So I know you need to get it fixed ASAP.

What I think you need to do is a master reset (like the 981 reset for other remotes. Per the wiki, here's how you do it on the RCU810:
  • Press and hold 'CODE SEARCH'
  • Press RECORD
  • Scroll up to MFR RESET
  • Follow the prompts

marchewd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know exactly how it is. That's why you backup everything in your production system before you do any upgrades just to be sure that you can restore. I do work for an IT company, so I always keep backups of everything! LOL.

I did get the remote to get programmed properly, including my backup remote. However, I didn't get a chance to try doing the procedure you outlined. I had to go back to IR 8.03 with my backup file and then remove my old Onkyo and add in my new Marantz processor and it worked like a charm. Tried loading the new IR file into RMIR 2.01-2.04 and it doesn't load anything on the remote and gives me the mem fault error.

Have any ideas? It's not a big deal as I know IR 8.03 works at least! I can always just copy over the device upgrade codes from RMIR that I create into IR 8.03.

Thanks again so much for taking the time to answer my question on a Sat. All of your help is greatly appreciated!

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: