JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yamaha rx-v777bt discrete on/off

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolderiii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Yamaha rx-v777bt discrete on/off Reply with quote

Hello,
newbie here.

1. Device: Yamaha rx-v777bt
2. Type of device: AV receiver
3. Year: 2014
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: arrx18g
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? yes, usb
6. Still have original remote? yes
7. Checked the file section? yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)?
9. Partially working setup code? 3580
10. Learning remote question?
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool?

i am looking for discrete power on/off for my yamaha receiver. i have setup the arrx18g remote using the acoustic research website and tried several different model numbers there to look for discrete on / off codes but did not find any. (the code they have for the rxv777 did not fully control my AVR anyway, hdmi input selectors wouldn't work along with others, so i used a code for the rxv675)I downloaded YNCA_YNC documents for the 777 and there are no discrete on/off codes listed, just a power toggle.

am i out of luck for discrete on/off? i also found this page http://files.remotecentral.com/library/3-1/yamaha/receiver/index.html but have no idea how to convert those codes for use in rm-ir or how to input it into the remote after that.

any help on this issue is greatly appreciated. i have just started playing around with rm-ir and was able to download my remote's settings into the program, but am lost at how to add custom codes, commands, convert codes, etc...

thanks in advance!
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The YNCA_YNC XLS file has tabs for Standard and Extended codes. The Extended tab lists NEC1 device 126, OBC 126 for Power On (written as 7E81-7E81) and device 126, OBC 127 (7E81-7F80). Those are the standard descrete On-Off commands used by Yamaha receivers built in the last several years. Note that 7E is the hexadecimal format for 126, and the following 81 is a checksum which is part of the NEC IR protocol.

Typically Yamaha setup codes only send device 122, but probably setup codes R0376 or R1815 can send both device 122 and 126. You'll still need to modify the setup. As I recall R1815 will send either On or Off.
wolderiii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are correct the ync xls files under the extended controls do you have discrete power on/off. I'm not sure how i missed that.

if i may ask, how do i input those codes using rm-ir? do i go under devices tab, highlight the yamaha receiver, right click and hit edit? (if so what to do after that?) also, don't i need to convert the yamaha codes into EFC codes for the arrx18g? how do i do that?

or are you telling me to replace my setup code, currently 3580, with 0376 or 1815?

sorry to ask so many questions but I've been reading forum after forum and have a lot of information that I'm trying to sort out in my head right now on how to do this.
wolderiii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
The YNCA_YNC XLS file has tabs for Standard and Extended codes. The Extended tab lists NEC1 device 126, OBC 126 for Power On (written as 7E81-7E81) and device 126, OBC 127 (7E81-7F80). Those are the standard descrete On-Off commands used by Yamaha receivers built in the last several years. Note that 7E is the hexadecimal format for 126, and the following 81 is a checksum which is part of the NEC IR protocol.

Typically Yamaha setup codes only send device 122, but probably setup codes R0376 or R1815 can send both device 122 and 126. You'll still need to modify the setup. As I recall R1815 will send either On or Off.

after a few more hours of reading several different forums. here is what I've done. in rm-ir went to devices, selected my yamaha receiver (the setup code is 3580), clicked edit. went to functions and clicked new. named it "power on" and under obc1, typed 126. at this point it automatically filled in most of the other columns. however, under device it listed 210 (not 126 as you indicated and as several other buttons pre-setup indicated) so i manually changed it to 126.
then did the same thing for "power off". new function, named it "power off" under obc1 typed in 127. manually changed the device column to 126.

i also noticed on these 2 new functions the "sub" column shows a value of "30". no other function has that value. is that ok?

i haven't been able to test this yet, but wanted to see if i had in fact done this correctly since it will be a few hours before i can test.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolderiii wrote:

i also noticed on these 2 new functions the "sub" column shows a value of "30". no other function has that value. is that ok?

On a Nec signal, when no subdevice is specified, the subdevice will be the complement of the device.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you save what you did in RMIR as a .rmir file and post it in the Diagnosis Area so we can take a look?

We can either confirm what you did is correct, or we can fix it for you.
wolderiii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
can you save what you did in RMIR as a .rmir file and post it in the Diagnosis Area so we can take a look?

We can either confirm what you did is correct, or we can fix it for you.

ok i've been playing around with the remote at home so i can actually test it. all the functions i added earlier did not work, which isn't surprising so i've deleted those and moved on.

i now have 3 separate yamaha audio devices setup on my remote.
1. code r3580, uses nec1-f16 official protocol.
this code gives me the most usability. the hdmi sources work, tuner, volume, power toggle, etc.

2. code r0376, uses nec 2dev combo protocol.
this basically gives me the discrete on/off codes and volume. nothing else really works

3. code r1815, uses the nec 2dev combo protocol.
same functionalily as code 0376. only discrete on/off works and volume

these are the functions i would like to port from r0376 to setup code r3580
power on function. EFC5=16005 EFC=006 OBC=129 Byte2=64 Hex=81 40
power off function. EFC5=17029 EFC=010 OBC=1 Byte2=64 Hex=01 40

so my question becomes this... is there a way to add the discrete on/off codes from r0376 to the r3580? i tried in rm-ir but noticed that EFC5 changes when i type it in from the other setup codes into the r3580 device. i'm assuming this is because the r3580 is using a different protocol?

so if there isn't an easy way to port those 2 functions over to the r3580 code, then i suppose i can have 2 "yamaha audio" devices setup on the remote and just use one to control the receiver functions (change inputs, etc) and use the other to just turn on/off the receiver in my activities.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like I said, post your file and we can build from there.
wolderiii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

i have upload it to the diagnostics area. file wolder-remote.rmir

thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolderiii wrote:
The Robman wrote:

i have upload it to the diagnostics area. file wolder-remote.rmir

thanks

After you post something in the diagnosis area, you need to post a link here. I have done it for you.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13609

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have one of this class of remote, so I can 't offer much practical advice. However, I believe that Chico Woodhills upgrade for the this series of Yamaha receivers should work well for you.

One point which is related. It appears that the RDF files for this class of remotes have an error in the [Protocols] section. I believe that PID 011A should be listed as 011A:2 instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: