JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Program

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: RMIR Program Reply with quote

Is there a way to pull hex codes from the website Remote Central and import those hex codes into the program RMIR so I can download discrete codes onto my UEI 1056B01 remote via my jp1 cable?

And if it is possible how is that done?

Thanks for the help;
Steve
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly. Get Barf's IRScrutinizer. Paste the hex in the box and decode. It will spit out the protocol, device, subdevice and OBC you can put into RM. There may be an even easier way to do it all in RM, but I don't remember.
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer. I did what you said, and IRScrutinizer did spit out the protocol, device, subdevice and OBC. You say to put that information into "RM". I have two programs... RMIR and RM. Questions I have at this point are...

1. Do I put that info into program RMIR, or program RM?

2. In both programs I see fields for protocol, device, and subdevice, but I see no field to enter the OBC information. Where do I enter the OBC information? And what is OBC?

3. Once I enter all the information in the proper fields what do I do, and what happens at that point.

Thanks again for all the help. I'm ;learning thanks to you experts.

Steve
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In RMIR, go to the Devices tab and click New. This will open RM (Device upgrade editor).

In RM, enter protocol, device and subdevice here:

Enter OBC here:

Give your new Function a name. EFC (Advanced code) will be calculated for you automatically.

After entering all your OBCs, assign each Function to a button on the Buttons or Layout tabs. Click OK to save the changes to your RMIR file, then upload to your remote to use the new device you just created.
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having a problem, and I do not know what I am doing wrong.
I am trying to take the hex code for the discrete on command for a Sony television from the Remote Central website, and use that hex code in the program RMIR. I am really trying to learn the process. The command is not important to me. But learning how to do it is important to me.
Here are the steps I am doing...
1. I copy the Sony power discrete on hex code from the Remote Central website. Here is that hex code.
0000 0067 0000 000d 0060 0018 0018 0018 0030 0018 0030 0018 0030 0018 0018 0018 0030 0018 0018 0018 0030 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 03f6
2. I paste that hex code into Ir Scrutinizer and it spits out the following...
protocol Sony 12 device 1 OBC 46
It does not show me a subdevice number which you instructed me to enter into RM Editor in your earlier instructions..
3. In the program RMIR I open up the RM Editor, and under device I enter in the digit 1.
4. When I open the protocol drop down menu in RM Editor there are three protocols with Sony in the name... Sony12/15, Sony Combo (12/15/20),
Sony Combo (12/20).
I do not know which protocol to enter so I try each one. After I enegtr a protocol I hit "ok". Then I go to the "Functions" tab and there is no function listed for discrete power on no matter which of the the three protocols I use.

What am I doing wrong?

And again thank you for the help.

Steve.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You unknowingly picked one of the most complicated protocols to learn from. Any in the drop down will work. Then specify Sony 12 in the functions tab if possible, otherwise an OBC in a certain range will imply Sony 12.

When you make a new device, no functions exist at all since RM can't read your mind. So you simply click new on the Functions tab and make a new one. Type the name "discrete on" or whatever you want to call it, then enter your values. No subdevice in this case means zero.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason that there are multiple Sony executors available is because many Sony remotes use a combination of Sony protocols and/or device codes. So, if your intention is to build a new upgrade, you should first gather together all the codes that you need so you can decide which executor is best suited for you. If you select one of the Sony options in RM, the protocol notes box will provide a lot of additional info.

However, given that you have a Sony TV, and Sony is one of the best documented brands out there, my best advice for you is to download an existing Sony TV upgrade from the file section as many of them will already have all the discrete codes included, and even if they don't, they will already have all the right settings in the RM upgrade file.

In this case, assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that all the signals will use Sony12, you should select the "Sony 12/15" executor (which lets you combine Sony12 and Sony15 signals) and then enter 1 in the first device code box. (You'll notice that there is no sub-device box for Sony12, hence no need to enter it). Now, switch to the Functions tab and next to the Power function entry, enter 46 as the OBC. Finally, go to the Buttons tab and assign the POWER function to the POWER button.

And voila, you have just created a JP1 upgrade for your Sony TV, even though this particular upgrade has only 1 button programmed, but it should give you the idea.

On the other hand, maybe you just wanted to program a keymove for the discrete power function. If that is the case, there are other variables that we would need to know, starting with which setup code are you using to work the TV at the moment? Assuming it's TV/0000, the EFC5 codes that are displayed when you enter the OBCs into RM as I described earlier will work with this setup code. (ie, power on = 00113)
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more tip, when a value for subdevice isn't given leave the field blank when entering the information in RM or KM.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much. It worked perfectly. I have a few questions.

1. When I insert the OBC for the discrete power on command into RM Editor, are my correct in saying it had to be inserted under the function labeled "Power", and it can not be placed anywhere else?

2. So if if the OBC number for the discrete power on command had to be placed under the function labeled "power, if I wanted to do the same thing for the discrete power off command I would first have to learn the on command into my URC MX 350 learning remote then erase my UEI remote and start the whole process over for the discrete off command.... am I right?

Thanks again;

Steve
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The function names on the function tabs are provided as a courtesy. They should be altered to describe the actual function on the original remote.
Read this post
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12103

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's a lot to take in, but folks here have written extensive "how to" guides for all the tools, so you take a look.

Here's the guide for RM...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Certainly. Get Barf's IRScrutinizer. Paste the hex in the box and decode. It will spit out the protocol, device, subdevice and OBC you can put into RM. There may be an even easier way to do it all in RM, but I don't remember.

Actually, IrScrutinizer can do much more than that. See the tutorial (written at Rob's request, btw). It contains several example of importing whole sets of commands, preserving the command names (like "play" and such).

Getting the result into RM can be hard. The main reason for this is that the problem as such is hard, with many different executors, and inconsistent parametrization between those. In IrScrutinizer's Parametric Remote pane, you can reorder the columns (just as in Excel and in RM), copying to the clipboard, paste it into RM, and thus bulk import several commands at once.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: