JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TOMMY TYLER'S IR WIDGET STORE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy Tyler
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: TOMMY TYLER'S IR WIDGET STORE Reply with quote

THE WIDGET STORE

This is Tommy Tyler's new store, exclusively for the sale of IR Widgets. E-mail address for ordering Widgets was updated Dec 16, 2018.

The IR Widget is a tool for capturing and displaying infrared remote control signals on your PC. With its amazing companion software, it is the simplest, most accurate, and easy-to-use instrument ever designed for measuring, analyzing, and studying signals transmitted by infrared remote controls. Unlike similar devices that use demodulating infrared receivers designed for a single carrier frequency, this unit uses a high speed optical sensor that detects individual carrier pulses over a wide range of frequencies (10 KHz to 100 KHz). That enables it to measure carrier frequency as well as to determine the demodulated waveform timing with extreme accuracy by detecting the precise start and stop of carrier bursts.

Using the IR Widget couldn't be easier. Download the free application software bundle (about 500KB) from HERE . No software "installation" is necessary. Just extract the six files and place them all in a folder of your choice. (You can even put them on a thumb drive and run the application from there if you want to.) Connect the IR Widget to your PC with a Mini USB cable (not supplied with the Widget), open IRScope.exe, and you're ready to go. Place your remote control within a few inches of the sensor on the end of the board, select "Capture" on the screen, and press a remote button you want to examine. IRScope immediately displays the signal graphically on your screen as if it had been captured by a digital storage oscilloscope, with waveform timing drawn to precise scale and time labeled in microseconds.

You can capture and save an unlimited number of records, each having a duration of your choosing, from 1/2 second for short signals, up to 15 seconds for long macros or groups of signals. Records can be re-sized, re-positioned, zoomed in or out for resolution from 1 us/pixel to over 1 ms/pixel, annotations can be added, and much more, all with just a few clicks of the mouse. IRScope uses smart algorithms and an extensive data base to automatically analyze, identify, and decode most remote control signal protocols. To see some examples of the incredible variety of information available, download my IR Widget & IRScope Operating Instructions Rev 18 from HERE and take a look.

If you are working with infrared remote control in any format, including Slingbox, this is the ideal solution for trouble-shooting problems. Use it to determine if that universal remote you just bought transmits the exact same signal as the original manufacturer's remote. Use it to determine if a signal is transmitted only once, or what kind of a repetition pattern it has. Use it to learn how the toggle control bit in Philips RC5 protocol works. Use it to measure the time it takes to transmit a command, and the delay between commands in a macro. The uses are limited only by your imagination. Infrared technology is fun to work with . . . IF you have a device like this that lets you "see" everything a remote control says to a consumer product.

HOW TO PLACE AN ORDER

There are two steps to placing an order for a Widget:

1. Send an email to thewidgetstore80@gmail.com telling me you want to order a Widget, and where you want it shipped. Please make sure you also provide a return email address so I can notify you when the item is shipped.

2. Send a payment to my PayPal account, which is also thewidgetstore80@gmail.com. I cannot handle checks, money orders, credit cards, or cash. The price is $35 per Widget, plus Shipping and Handling. S&H charges are $7 for the first item and $3 each additional item. PayPal notifies me automatically as soon as you make a payment, so you don't have to let me know you have paid.

NOTE: I regret that I cannot accept orders from addresses other than the United States. That's because PayPal has told me that I must refund a buyer's money if he claims he did not receive an item and I cannot prove that he did. I'm unwilling to accept the risks of foreign postal services losing a parcel.

Widgets are shipped from Denver, Colorado via First Class Mail only, which does not provide tracking. IR Widgets are in stock, and shipping is usually within a day or two of placing an order, unless it's a weekend or holiday, or a very snowy day. Please don't ask for shipping by Priority Mail, UPS, Fedex, Courier, or any means other than USPS First Class mail.

In addition to a site for purchasing Widgets, this store is also a thread for posting any comments, tips, or suggestions you have, based on your experience using an IR Widget, problems or complaints, ideas for improvement of the product or documentation, etc.

Last edited by Tommy Tyler on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:01 pm; edited 11 times in total
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I imagining it or is it really dear Tommy Tyler back here?
hdog

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject: widget Reply with quote

Tommy Tyler

I had sent a couple of emails to thewidgetstore80@gmail.com to see if it was still active, but have gotten no response. I would like to purchase a irwidget, but was hesitant to send a paypal. Please let me know if widgets are still for sale. hdog@xnet.com
WRBreland

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: widget Reply with quote

hdog wrote:
Tommy Tyler

I had sent a couple of emails to thewidgetstore80@gmail.com to see if it was still active, but have gotten no response. I would like to purchase a irwidget, but was hesitant to send a paypal. Please let me know if widgets are still for sale. hdog@xnet.com

Did you ever get a response from Tommy Tyler? I placed an order back in December of last year but never received the IR Widget and never received a response to my emails. Sure would be nice to know what is going on.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes he did. Tommy said he was having some issues with email. Give it another try.
Tommy Tyler
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject: problem with order Reply with quote

hdog,

Did you receive the Widget I shipped to you on Jan 12 ?
Tommy Tyler
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to WRBreland Reply with quote

WRB,

You say you placed an order in Dec of last year. That would be Dec 2018 right? I have no record of your order and I never ship a Widget until it has been paid for. If you have any info that shows you paid for a Widget and I was aware of it, I'll be glad to complete your order. I notice you didn't join the forum until early this year, which means you ordered at least a month before joining. Did you read the instructions at my store page in the forum to know how to place an order?

The address given on the store page for PayPal payments (thewidgetstore80@gmail.com) was added after I had to change my ISP from Comcast in late 2018. Comcast was supposed to forward all store emails to my personal address, but the system has never worked reliably. I am concerned that you may have placed an order but because the mail forwarding never worked well, I never received any of your email. What's most important is whether you made a payment to PayPal. They had the store address too, and would have just put the money into that account and their notification would never have reached me. If you did that you are entitled to either a Widget or a refund, your choice, and I apologize for your inconvenience. Send me a copy of your PayPal receipt and tell me if you still want a Widget or would prefer a refund.

Tommy
WRBreland

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply to WRBreland Reply with quote

Tommy Tyler wrote:
WRB,

You say you placed an order in Dec of last year. That would be Dec 2018 right?
Tommy,

I did place an order in December of 2018 and paid with PayPal. Never received the item and no response to my emails. Not knowing what may have happened to you I went to my PayPal account and saw that you never picked up your money so I canceled the payment. Hence, you do not owe me anything. Just glad you are OK.

I will place the order again!
Tommy Tyler
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Missed Order Reply with quote

Wendell Breland,

Forget all that stuff I just wrote. I finally opened the store email address and found your emails of 12/14, 12/27, 1/4, and today. You have every right to be ticked off. If I've learned nothing else from this experience it's NEVER start selling stuff by email if you EVER expect your internet provider might change. Since you're probably not monitoring the forum, I'm sending you an email to discuss how you want to proceed from here.

Tommy
WRBreland

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Missed Order Reply with quote

Tommy Tyler wrote:
Forget all that stuff I just wrote.
Tommy, you are a first class gentlemen. Hope all is well with you.
ylaviolette

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon Tommy,
I'd like to purchase the IR widget but am located in Canada.
Can you offer any option in order for me to get the product?
It's a very small device so maybe you could send it in a tracked envelope so no risk related to non delivery.

I have an A/C remote which can't be decoded with my URC remote or USB-UIRT.
Seems like the signal is longer than usual and would require your device to decode it.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16473&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Or is there any other product equivalent to the IR Widget I could buy in Canada? purchase from another source? Anyone willing to sell a used one and ship to Canada?

Thanks for your help!
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject: TOMMY TYLER'S IR WIDGET STORE Reply with quote

in market place chuliu had one for sale Oct 27, 2019
You could see if ship to canada
here is the link to the ad
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=102067
Tommy Tyler
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ylaviolette'

I might consider selling you an IR Widget as a special consideration because you guys have been working so long and hard on your AC control problem. Also, I have heard before about the unusual length of AC control signals, and I would be interested in learning if the Widget's ability to capture a signal up to 15 seconds long is a solution to that problem. Can you pay by PayPal? What would be the address on the shipping label?

Tommy
ylaviolette

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tommy, PM sent . Thx
ylaviolette

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received the unit;
Works a charm.
Issue resolved
Thanks Tommy.
Thanks IRwidget.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: