JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Unknown format for UEI app on Vizio Tablet and LG G2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellyshelly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is actually exactly what I'm doing. I couldn't disassemble the apps on the Vizio, but I managed to do that on the LG. Even more, I disassembled, added a lot of logging functionality (which is how I got to see the codes that they're sending), and put it back.
The LG has the QuickSet Services SDK preinstalled (which I modified), and the QuickRemote app works through it. The QuickSet SDK sends the actual signal to a serial port, (a character device in /dev ), which is handled by the driver. I'm guessing the IR driver there does some more processing, and I have yet to find the binary of the driver that manages the serial port so I can disassemble that one.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vizio VTAB1008 has an IrDA port(CNET review) so that is probably the way the App is sending out the IR signal. It doesn't look like there is a separate UEI chip.

FYI: Android 4.4 Kit Kat has an IR API.
nerom86

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, is there any new info about this? Im also trying to convered learned UEI (LG G4) codes to either RAW/Pronto or something universal.

By looking at the SDK implementation of how this Code is sent, i cannot find a "pattern" as you said it seems that the driver does something more to it
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: