JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCRP05BR Arrow Keys Toggle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EdT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: RCRP05BR Arrow Keys Toggle Reply with quote

I am stuck on why I was able to get the arrow keys to toggle in both menu screen and volume/channel on the default screen on my Viewsonic TV, but unable to do so on my Samsung and LG TVs.

If I recalled I did the exact same thing by programming the direct code first and it would toggle in the menu screen, but when I learned the volume/channel to the arrow keys it would no longer toggle in the menu screen. I would like to use the arrow keys to control the volume/channel as they are larger and are within finger range instead of using the dedicated volume/channel keys on the RCRP05BR like on the RCR311B.

On the RCR311B I am able to use the arrow keys to toggle both within the menu and in the default screen for volume/channel.

Any idea on how I can make this work on the RCRP05BR ?

MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not the remote that is enabling that feature, its the tv itself.
EdT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that was true, I used the RCR311B on the LG and Samsung just to see if that was the case and both the menu and volume/channel functions worked with just the arrow navigation keys. I can understand on the RCR311B if I pressed the menu key it somehow toggles the arrow keys from being the volume/channel function to the navigational function in the menu screen. It's just a shame that the large beautiful navigational keys on the RCRP05BR serve nothing more than just for navigating within the seldom used menu.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not use the RCRP05B to learn the IR signals being sent by the RCR311B? RMIR will tell you what signals have been sent and if pressing the menu button changes which signal is sent. With that info, we should be able to understand how the 311B is managing to work in both menus. Perhaps we can get the RCRP05B to do something similar.
EdT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried that already by using the RCRP05BR to learn from the RCR311B and it does not work. It's either volume/channels or navigational the RCRP05BR picks up from the RCR311B. This is why this is a mystery to me on why the arrow keys work in both screens with the RCRP05BR on the Viewsonic.

All three TVs were programmed with the direct entry code method on three separate RCRP05BR and there is navigational toggle in the menu screen for all three TVs, but the second you learn the navigational keys for volume/channels, the navigational toggling no longer works in the menu screen for the LG/Samsung and only works for the Viewsonic TV. Can it be that the code for the Viewsonic allows for learning dual keys ? I know the RCRP05BR can do dual keys with shifting, but this is seamless and the only thing that is telling the RCRP05BR to shift is by pressing the menu key.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not suggesting to use learned signals to control anything. Instead please learn the signals from the 311B, and decode them with RMIR. Then we will know what the 311B is doing. All you're doing now is speculating.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EdT,
There are two possibilities here:

1. The remote is changing the IR signals for the arrows vs. vol/ch buttons.
2. The signals are the same and the TV is deciding whether to use arrows or vol/ch buttons.

The request here is for you to learn the signals from the RCR311B when it is sending arrow signals, and again when it is sending vol/ch signals, then use RMIR to show the codes. This will tell you whether the signals are different.

If they are the same, it is the TV that is toggling the functions. If they are different, it is the remote. In the latter case, the expects will advise you whether there's anything you can do with your RCRP05BR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: