JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony STR-K850P & DVP-NC665P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twelliott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Sony STR-K850P & DVP-NC665P Reply with quote

I have a Sony HT6600DP Home Theater in a Box and have been trying to set-up a OFA URC-8811 to control the receiver (STR-K850P) and DVD player (DVP-NC665P). Have uploaded all the codes from the Yahoo groups site that look promising to no avail (e.g. Sony_STR-DE885_Receiver.txt, Sony_STR-K750P_HT-DDW750.txt). As I have misplaced the original remote, I can’t learn and reverse engineer. Does someone have codes already for these components or an idea of how I can build them without the Sony remote?

Many thanks,
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this is a "Home Theater System", did you check any of the upgrades in the "Home Theater Systems" folder?
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's start with the basics:

Copy your upload your 8811 in IR and save that file. Upload that file to (use add file) to the diagnosis area

Do a 981 Reset

Put setup code DVD_0533 on the DVD device button

Does setup code DVD_0533 have any commands that work on your DVD?

Your receiver is apparently preset to AV2 according to this article so the device upgrade Sony_STR-DE885_Receiver.txt should have worked since it is set for AV2. But for simplicity sake, why not change the receiver back to AV1 and thensetup code RCVR_1058 will work. Instructions are in the thread above. Note it is model specific.

Once we get those two devices working, then we can tackle the HTIB.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
As this is a "Home Theater System", did you check any of the upgrades in the "Home Theater Systems" folder?

I thought twelliott did that already, but maybe I am assuming something different than you are.

twelliott, is the HTIB something different from the receiver (STR-K850P) and DVD player (DVP-NC665P)? Or are those the model numbers on the components of the HTIB?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:
The Robman wrote:

I thought twelliott did that already, but maybe I am assuming something different than you are.

I did a quick scan of the file names in the HT folder and I didn't see the two names he quotes, so I was guessing they were from the Audio and DVD folders.
twelliott

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for everyone’s input. Yes, I have checked the “Home Theater” folders; my HTIB is just separate components bundled together, so the receiver and DVD models are what I am looking for.

I will perform the procedure Jon outlines this weekend and post my results. Thanks again!
--
Tim
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: