JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-1060BC2/BC3 (202608) Patches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject: URC-1060BC2/BC3 (202608) Patches Reply with quote

Here are patches for two issues seen with the 1060BC2/BC3 remotes.
1) As shipped, the URC-1060 BC2 or BC3 remotes don't correctly handle one aspect of keymoves. The bug occurs when a user uploads an upgrade, but doesn't assign some or all of the functions to buttons. If an unassigned function is used in a keymove, the remote typically doesn't send the correct signal.
2) As designed, the System On/Off button invokes a macro which slowly sends the Power signals for each device, and a user may not assign a different mcaro to System On/Off. One of the patches changes the behavior of the System On/Off button to instead allow users to define their own macro.

I've uploaded two RMDU files which are intended to ameliorate these issues. These are upgrades which may be temporarily uploaded. Pressing the Day+ button will change the factory behavior. Pressing Day- will restore the factory behavior. Of course one needs RMIR 2.03 to use these patches (or even to install any upgrade). As of Build 1, the user should save his configuration in a RMIR file, do a 981 reset, and then upload and invoke the patch(es). As an aside to experts, this will ensure that the protocol upgrade starts on a even address. I expect the need to reset the remote will be removed in subsequent builds of RMIR 2.03.
mattg568

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work 3FG! The keymoves are working just fine.

I would of never thought about the system on/off key being made to use a custom macro. That works as well.
mattg568

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, 3FG, for your hard work on this.

Have patches like this ever been used before with JP1 remotes?

I didn't need to do a 981 reset when applying the patches. I happened to have dumped the original memory into an RMIR file and used that to apply the patches.
WallStreet

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This fixes the issue I had with not being able to put a macro on the System On/Off button.

Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: