JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC 6430 change input when pressing "Watch Movies"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marchaos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: URC 6430 change input when pressing "Watch Movies" Reply with quote

Hey,

I'm wondering if it's possible to change the input to "HDMI" when I press "Watch Movies"? Nothing is mentioned in the manual. I attempted to do this with RM by using a macro, but it temporarily bricked the remote.

Cheers.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is certainly possible to put a macro on the combo buttons (but not on device buttons), at least with the URC-6440 and I do not see why the URC-6430 should be any different. You don't even need RMIR to do it. When you press the combo button, the macro is then performed before the remote is put into combo state.

To set up a macro without RMIR, do the following:
    Press and hold Setup for about 3 seconds until the TV LED flashes twice.
    Enter 995 with the digit keys. The TV LED will flash twice on the final digit.
    Press the button to which the macro is to be assigned (which in your case will be a combo button).
    Press the sequence of buttons that you want to include in the macro. This can include device and combo buttons.
    To end the macro, press and hold Setup for about 3 seconds until the TV LED flashes twice.
For the final step, note that the LED will flash once before it flashes twice. If you release it after the single flash it will be treated as a combo button and so will add WatchTV rather than ending it.

Give this a try. Since it is being done with the remote itself, it should not cause the remote to brick, but as I don't have a URC-6430 I cannot guarantee that it will work.
bsalita

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appears that my LG TV has a discrete code to change input to HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc. I only know it exists because my Samsung WatchOn app seems to send it. I can't seem to learn it on my URC 6440 remote. Is there a list of discrete codes or some way I can discover how to do a HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc on my remote?
t4_ravenbird

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This upgrade has some LG-TV discretes ; http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6325
bsalita

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big thanks t4_ravenbird. Your file was the breakthrough that I needed. I was able to use your file's HDMI discrete codes. Working well now. I believe HDMI_1 cycles, doesn't goto HDMI_1. However, I don't use HDM1, only 2 thru 4.
t4_ravenbird

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!
Concerning hdmi1 I notice this upgrade has code '9C' where the one I use myself has '8C', the other hdmi-discretes are equal. (The file I pointed to was not uploaded by me, I use a different upgrade assembled from learns and by peeking in other lg-tv upgrades)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: