JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New (JP1.4?) remote with signature 3327
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this new version of the RDF. It uses different button numbers for the device buttons.
Durkie

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray!!!

This file worked almost perfectly. The only thing I changed are the button codes for TV and Cable/SAT like:

[Buttons]
TV=$01,
Cable/Sat=$11,

Defining a macro works (including write and read back), but it doesn't override the default code from the setup code.

My goal is to program different setup codes for setting up the remote to different configurations I have. A setup code for STB has to program all keys, including the vol+, vol- etc buttons that are normal linked to a TV setup code. Is that possible?

I'll create the image for the remote later.

Thanks for your help again!
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durkie wrote:

Defining a macro works (including write and read back), but it doesn't override the default code from the setup code.

Please expand on what you mean by "doesn't override". Could you provide an couple of examples of macros that don't do what you expect?

Also, do keymoves work, if programmed from RMIR?
Durkie

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I programmed a macro on a specific key and pressing the key didn't result in doing the macro but the original function.

I'll try the keymoves when my cable is resoldered because a wire came off. What is a keymove actually?
tek2k

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: URC-6410 RDF file needed if possible Reply with quote

Hey guys, I purchased a URC-6410 remote but there is no RDF file available for it. There is for the 6420 and upwards but not for the 6410.

I have uploaded a raw download file from RMIR to the diagnostic section over here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13190

Hopefully one of you guys can let me know how to proceed?

Thanks in advance.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My expectation is (was) that the 6410 would have the same firmware as the 6420, and therefore the same signature. Typically OFA does that for remotes which only differ in the number of devices. If the signatures were the same, then RMIR should have mis-identified the 6410 as a 6420. If the signature is not in the collection of RDF files, RMIR should give a message with the first 4 digits of the actual signature. What did RMIR do?

Assuming the signature is different, I'd like to know the full signature of the 6410. With most OneForAll remotes, we can get the signature by the 983 command, although it isn't clear that 9XX commands work with the 6410. If you can't get the signature using 983, download JP2Sniffer, and do a high level download. The signature will be displayed.
tek2k

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 3FG. You are indeed correct the remote is recognised as a URC 6420 by RMIR.

I add my devices as usual however in the device upgrade editor under the buttons tab there seems to be something wrong. There is no power button listed. There are all the others like 0-9 AV , ch+ etc and a few no name ones like button1 and button10* but no power.

After uploading my upgrade to remote I get buttons 1,4 and 7 not working vol+ and vol- also do not work.

I've just set up the exact same upgrade for a URC 7110 and everything works as expected so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I'm wondering if the remote is expecting data at certain points in the upgrade file but its offset a couple of bytes causing the errors?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the RDF file for the 6420 is not entirely correct, even for the 6420. Certainly the button number for Power isn't correct, because the RDF file has no entry for it! There's only been one user (that I know of) and he stopped posting before we verified complete operation. It will help to get the correct button numbers for the RDF file if you can learn (copy) any IR code to buttons, keeping track of the order in which you taught the 6410 buttons. You can teach the same signal to all the buttons if you like, but we'll need a file which lists the order in which the 6410 buttons were taught. Then do a Raw Download, and I should be able to extract the button numbers.

If you can instead define a few macros using the 995 command (again keeping track of the order of the macro steps), that will be even better, but I'm not sure if the 6410 will accept a macro.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on images of the 6420, it appears to have a button for TV power and a separate button for Cable/SAT Power, but no distinct Power button. The 6410 only does TV, and so it has a single button labeled Power. For now, just use the TV button in RMIR instead of Power.

The RDF for the 6420 has incorrect button numbers for these two "Power" buttons, but Volume and the digits appear to be correct. I look forward to your data on button numbers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: