JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Navigating RMIR - how to change protocol number?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
This is your KM reworked to open both in KM and RM.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13047

It does seem strange to use 32 as your flag, as this would severely limit the number of OBC's that you could use in the device without triggering repeats.

Vicky, your KM replacement is PERFECT. I pushed it into IR, and IRscope shows exactly 10 repeats, and the amp works just fine.
I would have never known how to setup those parameters in KM. You're my hero.

Re: adding 32 - yes it'll be an issue if a device requires some OBCs with non-conflicting numbers.
I actually have one upgrade of that sort where the OBC is 255 and all that comp and lsb and repeats make it do nothing. Not pretty and not all that important but I will likely come back to this issue at some point.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz,
By E2, I just mean the part of memory we download from the remote. I assume the usage stems from JP1 remotes, in which the main program is part of the microcontroller, and upgrades, macros, etc are stored in Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory, sometimes called E2PROM and more typically EEPROM.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHA! E2=EEPROM - that's the language I understand.
Since Vicky's fix of my file works well, that's what I went with, because I understand it (well, mostly). And I don't think it should be in the general distribution due to the infrequent need.

But should I, or should I not, pursue perhaps your method 2? Would that be better? I don't really understand all of it yet (busy doing something else), so just asking.
---------------------
Finally, totally OT: turns out I put away one of my 6131s with the batteries in it. 3+ years ago. Yikes. What a mess from one of the two batteries. I brushed off what I could with a toothbrush. I'm afraid that some of the crud might have gotten under the battery compartment. The remote works. But is there anything I should do?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Elizabeth.
There are lots of methods to doing the upgrades. RM has the information built in, and you can mix and match MSB and LSB on your Manual Protocols. However I find that because I work by trial and error, PM and IR are still the way to go. IR doesn't care how many iterations you go through trying to get your signals to look just right. RM is nice and light and is a perfect companion to PM. If you like to have your registers named, use the decode from RM, instead of the decode from PM. I use both, but much prefer the forgiving nature of IR for protocol work. I can confuse the dickens out of RMIR with the number of tries it takes me to get things to work properly. Rolling Eyes

As for the battery issue, I try to never leave my remotes upside-down with their batteries in. I remove them for long periods of storage hoping not to have them leak, but they are leaking all the time these days. When they do leak, I use a little baking soda water on a qtip to clean the contacts, being careful not to let any liquid work its way up into the board. So far so good.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: