JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for codes: Yamaha RX-V671 AV rcvr
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chico_woodhill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those building device files for the Yamaha devices RX-A710, RX-A810, RX-A1010, RX-A2010, RX-A3010, RX-V671, RX-V771, RX-V871, RX-V1071, RX-V2071, RX-V3071, and HTR-6064, Yamaha has made available an Excel spreadsheet with the necessary codes for their various commands.

I've uploaded that file but I've added several columns that do the necessary hex calculations to create OBC, Device, Sub-device, byte sums and NEC protocol variants. These can be helpful when trying to figure out the NEC protocol complexities when building RMDU devices.

Yamaha RX-V771 IR Codes_RX-V671-3071_rev1.0_Full_WITH NEC CODE CALCS.xlsx

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10124
...chico
iboston

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Thank you all. Reply with quote

Thank you everyone. I was going to upload my RMDU too once i got all the glitches out of it... Awesome work chico_woodhill

iBoston Laughing
gutierlf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Thanks, my contribution for Yamaha RX-V667 Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just started browsing this forum recently since I was having trouble programming my remote to control my new Yamaha RX-V667. I was finally able to get everything working, with lots of help from this thread and chico_woodhill's file with the Yamaha codes.

If there are any other RX-V667 owners out there, I uploaded my file to the Upgrades section
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10790

Enjoy.

Thanks again,
--gutierlf
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks, my contribution for Yamaha RX-V667 Reply with quote

gutierlf wrote:
If there are any other RX-V667 owners out there, I uploaded my file to the Upgrades section (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10790). Enjoy.

Thanks for the contribution, and welcome to the forums!
Necro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah...I know this topic is very old but I can't figure out how in gods name to add new codes in for a few discrete items I really want - basically Pandora.

That's it. If I have that, I'd be all good.

Can anyone give me any insight? I'm going to basically be using this to program my JP1 to program my Harmony Smile.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the spreadsheet uploaded by chico woodhill. On the Extended tab, find Pandora. Main zone is device 127, subdevice 1. OBC is 133. Note that the IR procotol is NEC1-Y1.

In RMIR, use the NEC 4DEV Yamaha Combo executor. Enter 127 as one of the devices, and 1 as its sub. On the functions tab enter 133 in the OBC column, and select 127.1 in the dev.sub column. Then select NEC1 and Y1 in the Nstyle and Ystyle columns.
Necro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 3FG...I thought that was the way to do it but many commands don't align with what's in the spreadsheet that are already in the rmdu (?) file that CHico uploaded before. I'll try what you said and see what I can do.

Complete PITA doing a switch to these inputs since the receiver remembers the last item selected and doesn't just do a fresh cycle...

*EDIT* OH...half the damn things autopopulate. *headslap*

That would explain why I couldn't figure out wtf to use... :/
joe1991

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: re:helpful Reply with quote

I have done that but cannot get it to work properly. Even though the functions are properly assigned to buttons in the device upgrade, they don't work correctly in the remote. For example, the POWER button functions as the VOLUME DOWN function, and the MUTE button functions as the VOLUME UP button.fiber optic patch cord
The codes in the functions list of this device correspond to the Yamaha documentation I have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: