JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the delay introduced by each step in a macro?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying, Phil. I appreciate any help!

I can move this discussion to a new thread if you think that would be helpful. I can also post my RMIR file to the diagnosis area as well.

My LKP is currently working. All I'm trying to do is move the commands currently listed under "Long Keys" to "Short Keys". To do that, I add commands to "Short Keys" exactly as they appear in "Long Keys", while they are still in "Long Keys", then I clear everything out of "Long Keys" and press "OK". The result is DKP on that device button, and when I try to edit it again, there is no relationship that I can discern between the commands listed under SKP and DKP to those I listed under Long Keys and Short Keys, so I can't just change the special function back to LKP and move on.

I'll fiddle around some more this morning and see if I can get it working. If you'd like to see what I have and maybe start a new topic somewhere, let me know.

Ed
Ed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, I moved the discussion of the SKP problem I've been experiencing over here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=116478#116478

Thanks for any help!

Ed
sirjp1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about distorting the topic, it's still on topic as far as I'm concerned Smile I'm interested in coming up with some good reliable macros.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, now I don't know where to answer this, the short side of an LKP can only not be longer 7 button presses. The keymove header only has 3 bits to show where to jump for the long side. I'm sure that is somewhere in your extender documentation. I don't know why RM isn't throwing an error when you go past 7, instead its silently corrupting the bit that says LKP or DKP.
Ed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for your reply. I thought I was doing the right thing by opening a new topic. Apologies for any confusion.

As I posted in that new topic, I worked around what I thought was a limit on number of commands for SKP by defining a macro to use under short key. It works fine.

Just FYI, I didn't get any error code, and I thought RMIR's behavior seemed very strange when it changed LKP to DKP and then re-arranged the commands I had entered. Also, I could only get five commands under short key, and to do that I had to enter one command at a time and press OK, then edit the special function again, etc., until I observed after I had entered the sixth command that it changed to DKP and scrambled the commands. If I entered more than two commands at the same time before pressing OK, the DKP switch and command scrambling happened. I don't remember seeing any reference to SKP command limitations in the extender documentation, either, but I'm sure I just missed that. I'll check again.

Thanks again,

Ed
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like once IR was capable of constructing these special protocol keymovs, we got kind of lax about documenting the nitty-gritty details. I am sure I can dig them up if I need to. I know I read them because I needed them to figure out how to implement them when I wrote my extenders.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Ed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to dig them up for me, Vicky. My stuff is working fine.

Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: