JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-2025 remote versus keymoves
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bug in RM/RMIR, but one that won't be seen frequently. The upgrade you've linked to is for an extended remote, and the Power On/ Power Off buttons were assigned to Xshifted buttons. Un-extended remotes don't have Xshifted buttons, and RM seems to get confused when trying to unassign these two buttons.

The easiest fix is to use eg this upgrade instead. It has a much bigger list of functions, but of course you'll probably not want to assign all of them to buttons.

Alternatively, you can open two instances of RM. Load the BP420 upgrade into one and start a new upgrade in the other instance, matching the protocol executor and device info. Copy the column of function names from the first instance to the second, and then copy the OBC column. Assign the functions to buttons.
J Random Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I opened another instance of RM and copied the data from the first instance of RM into it. There are now no references to keymoves in the output of my new file, but otherwise the files look like they contain the same data.

Thanks.
cybrdawg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm considering making the leap into JP1-world with the URC2025. If this remote does not support keymoves, does that mean it can't do device upgrades either?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cybrdawg wrote:
Hi, I'm considering making the leap into JP1-world with the URC2025. If this remote does not support keymoves, does that mean it can't do device upgrades either?
No, it will do device upgrades. The lack of keymoves means no shifted functions and no mixing of functions from different devices, i.e., using a TV Input function in CBL mode.

I have the similar 8820 remote, and while I can load new devices, other functionality is limited. I don't think we ever determined how to load new protocols. If I were you, I'd forget about this remote and get an RCA RCRP05BR, Comcast red ok, or Atlas. This one isn't worth the trouble, IMO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: