JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Guide to identifying Atlas remotes/rdfs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topcat0131,
The 1056B01 and 1056B03 remotes look identical, but internally they are completely different. The B01 uses a Samsung microprocessor while he B03 uses a Maxim processor. Additionally, the remotes have different setup codes and protocol executors.

Vicky has already linked to the needed RDF file. Additonally, if you are employing keymoves in your B01 remote, it may be necessary to install an extender into the B03, since it doesn't support keymoves out of the box. If you have used a custom protocol executor, we may need to construct a MAXQ version.

It's probably best to upload the RMIR file from your B01 to here, so we can see what may be necessary to generate an image for the B03.
topcat0131

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad, I assumed they were the same remote [same model] and I could use the same. rmir file [thought I could change the signature Sad ] . The RDF you pointed to works great. File 201009 Atlas1056B03 RDF and Map is what I needed. Thanks for you help.
topcat0131

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I cannot use the same keymoves then. I uploaded the RMIR file for the cable one remote and ebay remote.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12351

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12352
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you're using executors which are built in, so that's not a problem. You do need to install the extender I linked to above. The extender implements keymoves and device spedific macros, and it is very simple to install. Do follow the instructions and don't use the File\Install Extender menu item in RMIR.
topcat0131

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I loaded the extender from your link and followed the instructions in the readme file. It appears to work. I am curious though; the extender doesn't appear to require special macro coding, ie. DEV_TV, etc., in fact, if it wasn't for the name Wink and the device 0018, I wouldn't know it was extended [I remember extending a URC 8810x many yrs ago and it was more involved Sad ]. I will attempt to add more devices next.

BTW, is there a way to add a pause with this extender [for a slow device]?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: