JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

More X10 Protocol Questions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
streetskater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: More X10 Protocol Questions. Reply with quote

I'm starting a new X10 thread. I didn't want to confuse the issue since there is already an X10 thread with a another whole set of issues. My question concerns more basic X10 mappings.

Having just bought a 15-2117 I notice that unlike all my other Shack remotes it has no dedicated button for P&P--i.e., the X10 0167 protocol

If I just assign the Home 0167 setup to a button on the 15-2117 remote, I find that all the "number" functions above 9 (REW, Play, FFWD, Rec, Stop, Pause=> 11, 12, 13. 14. 15, 16 ) are NOT mapped nor are the codes for All off (usually mute) nor Bright or Dim (usually Vol+ Vol-).

Do I need to use up Key move space or recreate the X10 protocol OR has someone found a workaround for non Shack remotes that don't have the dedicated mapping for Plug 'n Play.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, I hadn't noticed that they forgot to map those buttons. Rather than use up keymover memory, I'd recommend that you load the X10 JP1 upgrade

Just FYI, the three "volume" buttons are mapped so my best guess uis that you have VPT programmed in this device mode.
streetskater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I had VPT on. The nice thing about the 2117 is that you can deactivate VPT for specific devices without spending any key move memory. Since the X10 protocol doesn't require a protocol upgrade code for the 2117--it's not too bad a hit just creating a new X10 device upgrade.

Somehow the 1994 seems to win in terms of str8-up functionality and key mapping and I like the persistent shift on the 1995 but I find the 2117 to be a nearly perfect union of the best features of the 1994 & 1995. The no-brainier mapping of the Fav/scan key (right where I want something useful) is my biggest complaint.

Do we have a hardware fix for the fav/scan button on the 2116/2117.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I split off the FAV/SCAN discussion to it's own thread:
Programming the FAV/SCAN button
streetskater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK then I'll move this reply to here and keep the other thread more technical:
The Robman wrote:
It sounds like your programming fails the WAF test. [

Possibly but you know there are folks out there, foks who claim to be seeking a simpler way of being, who simply will not follow your reasoning past, "When you push the TV button it activates all the buttons for TV, if you want to control the Replay push...."
At some level it becomes a political protest against my nerdism and fascination with single point of control. They tell me they'd rather walk to the wall and toggle a piece of hardware than control lights and appliances from a handheld remote.....so be it.

What I've done is customize remotes on an "as requested" basis so that there is no bank switching at all. That's all they want to contend with here-Of course that means they don't get complete functionality but I do what I can...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: