JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

clear 'other settings' in ir.exe (using extender2 for 2116)?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
asinsh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: clear 'other settings' in ir.exe (using extender2 for 2116)? Reply with quote

I'm using 2116 and extender2 and I'm having a hard time making some buttons behave. I finally realized that the reason is that the 'my system' settings in the general tab of ir.exe (for example, 'my system transport device', 'my system pip device' and 'my system menu device') are overruling what I set for those buttons in the active device.

I figured I would just go to the general tab in ir.exe and wipe out those other settings (and just rely on however I define those keys in my device upgrades and key moves). But when I go to the general tab and try to delete those settings I can't (delete and backspace don't seem to have any effect. So my question: how do I get rid of settings like 'my system pip' or 'my system transport'? Should I just assign them to an unused db?
asinsh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, just thinking about this some more and wondering: how do those 'my system' definitions operate in the face of set_xyz commands? I have two basic macros for turning things on (one for when I watch tivo and the other for when I watch DVD), and at the end of each of those macros I set the appropriate device (dev_vcr or dev_dvd) and then include set_xyz commands for all except set_vol (because I have use set_vol for dev_audio). Do the set_xyz commands overrule the 'my system xyz' definitions? I suspect so, and if so I will need to go back to the drawing board to figure out why several keys are not working correctly.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could we see your .ir file?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
asinsh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm not at home. Will post later if I need to. But I did just read an extremely helpful extender2 tutorial (here: www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=download&file_id=1420 ) that makes it clear that each my system xyz definition in the general tab is just the definition the remote starts with when the extender initializes (a subsequent use of a set_xyz key for a given device overrides that definition for that device and remains in effect until it is overruled by yet another set_xyz for a different device). Since I use set_xyz keys for everything, it seems to me that the my system definitions aren't the issue. I'll take another look at my file tonight and if I can't figure it out I will post it.

Many thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: