JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCRP05BR extender install problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnkrer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: RCRP05BR extender install problem Reply with quote

So I got my brand new RCRP05BR from amazon and JP1.3 cable from ebay and decided to load latest extender (v1.5). I decided to use RMIR instead of IR since its new and easier to use.

So I downloaded original remote. Then installed extender. It got 0000 as device codes for some of the devices. I added devices for TV (2019) AUD(1111), DVD (1490) and DVR (1639). Then I tried to upload to the remoate. RMIR said it wont upload to remote since the setup codes are not valid. (red 0000 for some of the unused devices) So I replaced those setup codes with the setup codes I had on the original remote and tried to upload. After uploading I tried to activate the extender with TV/OK, however pressing TV does go to device TV, so I couldn't activate the extender. The remote stays in cable mode at that point. So assuming that extender was not activated, I decided to go back to the original remote file. That upload goes through OK, but even after that I do not get TV as device at all. I long pressed setup and it blinks CBL twice after a while, not 4 times, so I still think extender was never activated. Is the remote foobared? What can I do to bring it back from broken?

One note: Before I got the JP1 cable, I had used setup to set my devices on the remote. and at that point device TV was working.

Thanks

ETA: I took out the cable and now TV device is available! do I have to remove to cable to activate the extender? looks like I do. Now the extender is active
tnkrer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and a new question
Can I make LED light up when I press shift? Otherwise I am not sure if I really pressed it
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The zero devices are all a side effect of how I ship the extenders due to a bug in the old extinstall program that made a mess on the JP1.3 remotes if there wasn't something in those spots. It was easier to ship the extenders with all zeros than it was to fix extinstall. (or maybe I'm just lazy)

you are correct that the extender does not flash the LED when the shift is pushed. I never really thought about it. I wonder if I can make that code fit? A possible enhancement for the "new" extender that I've been working on that uses the same code base for all of the JP1.3 remotes. Some day....
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I was feeling adventurous

I built a common code base version of the extender that turns the LED on when you push a shift key and then it goes off when you push the next button.

This is built on the common code base that allows me to build a new extender for all of the supported JP1.3 remotes. So there is a new version of ALL of the JP1.3 extenders.

Reminder: This has the 8900-style HT setup. This will (some day when I release it) be V3.00 of all of the extenders.

Included in the distribution is the HEX file for all of the extenders, the RDF's for all of the extenders and the read me.

Have at it, let me now if you find any bugs. This is a direct port of the insignia 3147 extender to all of the JP1.3 remotes so it should be pretty solid.

here:

http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12076
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: