JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JohnsF --A Sony Combo Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
streetskater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: JohnsF --A Sony Combo Question Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
One detail I'd like to remind you is that Sony15 protocol is just (very) rare for device numbers under 32, but Sony12 protocol is impossible for device numbers 32 and up. IIRC, Sony20 is also impossible for device numbers 32 and up (since its 13 device bits are split as 5 for device and 8 for subdevice).
So if the user selects a device number 32 or up we should force the protocol to Sony15 (rather than generate a garbage Hex command)

OKmy Sony Camcorder uses 4 Sony ID's:

A couple of years ago I used the Device Combiner Protocol to create the upgrade I needed--which created a pretty big Upgrade Protocol. Are you implying that if I use OBC codes with the Sony Combo protocol that it will automatically figure out the correct 12 or 15 device and I can just add 26 to the Sony20 subdevs and I'll be good to go---or do I still have to explicity map out all 4 devices to 4 protocol ID's
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played with the Sony combo protocol myself. But based on what I've read here, the Sony Combo protocol covers your set of device codes. Assuming your remote has that protocol built-in (I didn't check which ones do), it would save a lot of space vs. the ordinary device combiner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: