JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nex-tech remote with 2 Zaptor device codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noirfire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Nex-tech remote with 2 Zaptor device codes Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a Nex-tech remote here with 2 Zaptor device codes I thought it might still work if I used one of the codes. Tried both and got no response from the STB.

Is anyone able to help me overcome this issue the files for the remote can be found below;

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11976

Thanks
Phil
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I have a Nex-tech remote here with 2 Zaptor device codes I thought it might still work if I used one of the codes. Tried both and got no response from the STB.

I wasn't sure what I was going to find when looking at this What I am seeing is a zaptor like signal that has a toggle bit in a different place, and it appears after the second frame.

So you are going to need a new protocol to accomplish this. I doubt that I'll have time to help, until the weekend. Hopefully someone else will have time. If not, bump this or PM me on Thursday evening or Friday morning.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil,
These signals are Amino-36, device 0. In your RMDU file, change the protocol to Amino, select 36KHz, and change the device number to 0. If RM is set to preserve OBCs, which is the default, the OBCs will still be correct. Slingboxes don't have this 019C executor, but RM will supply it.

The reason for the incorrect decode is you're apparently using an obsolete version of DecodeIR.dll, probably 2.41 which was distributed with IR 8.03. Please update to DecodeIR.dll v 2.44 or just copy it from your RMIR v 2.02a Windows-x86 folder. [Windows-AMD64 if you're using 64 bit Windows]

I strongly recommend also updating other programs which use DecodeIR, e.g. IRScope, IrMaster, even IRTool. DecodeIR has been significantly enhanced since 2.41.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
The reason for the incorrect decode is you're apparently using an obsolete version of DecodeIR.dll, probably 2.41 which was distributed with IR 8.03. Please update to DecodeIR.dll v 2.44 or just copy it from your RMIR v 2.02a Windows-x86 folder. [Windows-AMD64 if you're using 64 bit Windows]

I strongly recommend also updating other programs which use DecodeIR, e.g. IRScope, IrMaster, even IRTool. DecodeIR has been significantly enhanced since 2.41.

Wow, I just got my PC a few months ago and installed all the software with a fresh load and totally missed this. There was a decode 2.43 in the tools area. Should that be updated? There is also a decode 2.41 up there. Should that be deleted or at least moved to the Arcives?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I moved the 2.44 distribution to Tools/Main, and moved 2.41 and 2.43 to Archives. 2.42 was never released, except as a beta.

RMIR 2.02a and IrMaster 3.1 both have 2.44 as part of their distributions, but IRScope and IR.exe don't.
Noirfire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey All,

Thanks for your help I have now updated my software and its displaying the correct codes.

Cheers

Phil
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
OK, I moved the 2.44 distribution to Tools/Main, and moved 2.41 and 2.43 to Archives. 2.42 was never released, except as a beta.

RMIR 2.02a and IrMaster 3.1 both have 2.44 as part of their distributions, but IRScope and IR.exe don't.

Thanks Dave, I'll update my files. I'll see if Graham is willing to update the other files. We could do it, but I feel that would be extremely rude.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated IR 8.04 zip file to include DecodeIR v2.44.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123 wrote:
I've updated IR 8.04 zip file to include DecodeIR v2.44.

Thanks Binky

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Noirfire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

So when I try to remake this remote in the Amino protocol. In the Version of remote master that I have it doesn't give me the choice to select 36KHz.
Remote Master: v2.02 Beta

I just get a choice of:
Device
Sub device
M
N

Is it that I don't have the correct protocol or that the setting is some where other than the setup tab?

cheers Phil
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current version of RMIR is 2.02a. It should give you the 36KHz option.
Noirfire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks I'll get it installed

Phil
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: