JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discrete on/off for Denon DVM-1805

View previous topic :: View next topic  
landolfi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Discrete on/off for Denon DVM-1805 Reply with quote

1. Device: Denon DVM-1805
2. Type of device: DVD changer
3. Remote model: OARI06G
4. JP1 user? yes
5. Still have original remote? yes
6. Checked Yahoo file section? yes
7. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? yes

In trying to find discrete on/off for my Denon DVM-1805, I found a chart on the Denon website for a CD player with discrete codes that might work, but I don't know what to do with it. These look like binary numbers, they refer to a system address C1-C5, Data in C6-11 that look like binary numbers, and Expanded bits in C12 and 13. Then it lists CH numbers for each button and the data bits, name of button, and remote label. I could post the PDF file somewhere if that would be helpful.

How does all this translate to OBCs and EFCs?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Translating those numbers is doable, but unless you really need to, why bother? Just use the discrete on/off commands from our DVD (standard) upgrades. They give Power on as Denon IR protocol Device 8, OBC 177. Off is Device 6, OBC 192. Use the Denon Combo (Official) executor. Others give Off as Device 8, OBC 192. The Denon PDF for some Bluray players gives Off as device 8, OBC 128.

Device is the System Address, with the bits reversed. OBC is the Data bits plus the expanded bits, also bit reversed.

The Bluray PDF five Power On System Address as 0 0 0 1 0, which reverses to 01000 or 8 decimal. Data is shown as 1 0 0 0 1 1, and the expanded bits are 01.
10001101 reverses to 10110001 which is 177 decimal.
landolfi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry to sound dense, but are you getting these from the lookup tool? All the Denon combo official protocols for video that I looked at only had a Power toggle. I had to make the setup code I have because the ones that I could find that were close weren't complete. I am using Denon 001C with device code 8 in my setup.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have upgrades here that can be read by RemoteMaster. For example, here's one for the DVD-2910. Since this upgrade lists two different device numbers, I suggested you use the Denon Combo Official executor PID = 009C, at least for testing. It allows you to enter any device number. But the 001C executor will also work for a single device. The Lookup Tool lists EFCs built in to UEI remotes, and few of those have a way to handle discrete On/Off commands, so it isn't going to be of much help here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: