JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Radio Shack remote: 15-100
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Julie5040

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I got a new TV for a game room and it looks like the remote codes don't exsit anywhere. Guess that means time for KM (been a while, but I think I'm still up to the task) Smile. The only extra universal remote I have laying around unused is a 15-100. As good as I can be with software, I'm not much for hardware work, so is anyone still willing to add a connector to these 15-100s at a reasonable price??? Do you think I would be better off just buying another remote (like off ebay) that already has the connector? Also, the other remotes that I have programmed (some years ago) use an old serial JP1 cable. From reading other posts, it seems like my cable won't work even if this remote has the connector added. Am I right?

Thanks for the input and the advice!! Very Happy
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julie5040 wrote:
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I got a new TV for a game room and it looks like the remote codes don't exsit anywhere. Guess that means time for KM (been a while, but I think I'm still up to the task) Smile. The only extra universal remote I have laying around unused is a 15-100. As good as I can be with software, I'm not much for hardware work, so is anyone still willing to add a connector to these 15-100s at a reasonable price??? Do you think I would be better off just buying another remote (like off ebay) that already has the connector? Also, the other remotes that I have programmed (some years ago) use an old serial JP1 cable. From reading other posts, it seems like my cable won't work even if this remote has the connector added. Am I right?

Thanks for the input and the advice!! Very Happy
Hi Julie5040. From posts on the subject it would be better to get another remote from ebay etc.

The remote chart gives all the info you could need:- http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2981
(reckon Insignia 67100 is a good one although I think you would need a JP1.3 cable for that:- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261097170310?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 )
Julie5040

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Tranx! Very Happy I was kinda thinking getting a different remote was the way to go. Your suggestion of the Insignia 67100 is a good one (I like the looks and layout), but it the remote chart says it won't work with KM so I'm stuck there with my odd ball TV.

I started looking and found some 8810s and 8910s (not that I need an 8-in-1 for this room), but the remote chart only shows an 8810w, and the 8910s aren't even listed at all (but appear to have a JP1 connector). There are also variations like 8810B00 and 8910B02 any idea if any of these will work?

Thanks again!
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Julie,
I see it's been more than 7 years since you last posted here. Our software tools have changed a lot since then. The tool of choice for making upgrades is RemoteMaster, which is a program under active development. The Insignia remote you mention has been used by the JP1 community for 3 years, and that gives you some idea of how long it has been since KM has been actively maintained.

The Insignia is a JP1.3 remote. We now also support JP1.4, JP2 and JP3 remotes. Of course, KM doesn't support those either.

RemoteMaster is quite a bit easier to use than KM. Most of us now use RMIR (the current version is 2.02a), which takes the place of both IR.exe and KM. Really, there's no software reason to stick with JP1 EEPROM remotes, and lots of good reasons to move to new models.
Julie5040

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response 3FG. It has been a long time as I got my remotes working back then and am still using them! If a device was replaced I have just used IR.EXE to update the remote. As for RM and RMIR, WOW! Guess I have some studying to do! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. So my old parallel interface cable probably isn't going to cut it anymore, LOL, Surprised
Jim14

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: 15-100 mods for JP1 Reply with quote

I have a couple of these. They are great but I never got around to putting in the JP1 connector. Now I need to set a button to toggle which I don't think I can do without the connector. But the thread is so old the pictures of jherrick's mod don't show up. Any way to get those? I tried the wayback machine but no luck.

I also see that the link to the hardware forum from the main page doesn't work. Something wrong with the link. But the posts are still there - just difficult to get to.

Thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 15-100 mods for JP1 Reply with quote

Jim14 wrote:
I have a couple of these. They are great but I never got around to putting in the JP1 connector. Now I need to set a button to toggle which I don't think I can do without the connector. But the thread is so old the pictures of jherrick's mod don't show up. Any way to get those? I tried the wayback machine but no luck.

I have emailed Jim Herrick to see if he still have the pics of his mod, but it was from 10 years ago, so who knows how many new PCs he's had since then.

Here's a link to his post...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=58992#58992

Jim14 wrote:
I also see that the link to the hardware forum from the main page doesn't work. Something wrong with the link. But the posts are still there - just difficult to get to.

That's weird, I hadn't noticed that before. Thanks for pointing it out, I will look into it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the problem and fixed it
Thomas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Interface for RS15-100 Reply with quote

I think this is what you are looking for
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5127
I have several of these remotes, and found them fairly easy to modify.
Tom C
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had forgotten about that mod, good find.
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Can't find 'em Reply with quote

Sorry all, I tried to find these pics, and tried to find the old remote, but I can't. I found what I was pretty sure was the hard drive that I used to have them on, an old IDE drive. When I finally got it hooked up to something that can interface with IDE, I discovered that I had formatted it at some point.
There are a lot of better remotes out there by now. Maybe consider some of them?
Jim
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for looking Jim. Tom C found Tommy Tylers mod file for this remote, which should work for Jim14 if he's still looking.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone's interested I have two of these that I used to use in debugging the JP1.3 extender. They both already have mods for using the standard JP1.3 cable

make me an offer and they're yours.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: 15-100 mods for JP1 Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Jim14 wrote:

I have emailed Jim Herrick to see if he still have the pics of his mod, but it was from 10 years ago, so who knows how many new PCs he's had since then.

Here's a link to his post...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=58992#58992

Good news, Jim Herrick found the pics of his old mod, so I have updated the old post to now show the pics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: