JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dead/Bricked URC-62440

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ve3lnc

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Dead/Bricked URC-62440 Reply with quote

Today I bricked two of these remotes! Tried the battery removal/discharge tricks to no avail. Cannot do raw download or any JP1 ops (no remote found). Does anyone know of any way to reset these remotes - like maybe clearing the EPROMS on the board with a jumper, etc.

The remotes were working fine with a new load over JP1 then some key combo put them in a locked state.

I wish there was an easy way to completely clear out everything so we could put in a virgin load.Tried all the tricks from the button side. Absolutely no response. Batteries fresh and JP1 cable works with other remotes.

This seems to be regular occurrence on this forum. Maybe we need to develop a strategy on how to unbrick these remotes. There must be a way! Probably on the circuit board!
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've successfully unbricked a few JP1.3 remotes but they had to be found by the tools.

What I did was write specific programs that went in and reset things and then put those programs in like an extender. Push a button, the program starts to run in the loadable area and does its magic.

These things are VERY risky though since you really only get one shot at it.

But if you can't load ANYTHING the remote is likely dead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: