JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One4All 9910 and Air Conditioner remote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: One4All 9910 and Air Conditioner remote Reply with quote

I have the One4All URC-9910 remote and a GE AEW10AQ air conditioner. The remote for the AC is: type GE YK4EB1. Is the URC remote capable of learning the signals and operating the AC? In advance thanks!
greenough1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the remotechart worksheet found linked in the first post in this sub-forum, the 9910 is a learner. Does it have an executor for the required protocol? I think probably. from a GE A/C upgrade I seen NEC1. I don't have all my tools here at work, so can't lookup what setup code you should try. Maybe an expert will know off the top of their head. But the short answer is try learning following these instructions: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3943
radunn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenough1 wrote:
Does it have an executor for the required protocol? I think probably. from a GE A/C upgrade I seen NEC1. I don't have all my tools here at work, so can't lookup what setup code you should try.

It has been a while but I've successfully done upgrades from scratch via RM and IR. How is the required protocol/Setup code obtained if I don't know?

Also, I used the instructions to delete ALL from learned signals in IR but the devices are still programmed; how do I clear "everything"? I 'download from the remote' first for backing up. Thanks
greenough1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I'd first recommend you use the latest set of tools, e.g. RM-IR and the rdf's and maps.

your remote has lots of NEC1 built in protocols, but we don't know the details like the fixed data bytes.

please learn a button or two from the GE A/C remote and I think we can fix you up. Post a link here to your RM-IR file that contains the learn that you've updated to the diagnosis area so we can better help you.

Do you have a JP1 cable for your remote?

Best,
jeff
radunn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenough1 wrote:
please learn a button or two from the GE A/C remote and I think we can fix you up. Post a link here to your RM-IR file that contains the learn that you've updated to the diagnosis area so we can better help you.

Do you have a JP1 cable for your remote?

First, thank you for the support Very Happy I do have a JP1 cable and uploaded the file to: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11876. The learned buttons from the AC remote is at Learned Signals in the RMIR file.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already have an upgrade in the file section that matches your learns. From the upgrade info:
Remote for GE AC Models AEWxxLM
Remote Type:YK4EB
Protocol: Proton Device 215
The 9910 has the correct 005C executor built in. I suspect you'll want to move some of the button assignments to avoid keymoves. Your remote is a little short of space.
radunn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I suspect you'll want to move some of the button assignments to avoid keymoves. Your remote is a little short of space.

Thanks for the information. Next, 'how' do i move buttons and which ones do you suggest? Lastly, you're more knowledgeable in this field, how do you make the determination for button moves; is it based on available memory or memory usage? What's the difference between button vs key moves?

I opened the upgrade file, it says a Setup Code is required; it's currently 0000 in RM. Can I pick a random number (0-2047)or is a specific code required? Last, what device type is the upgrade assigned? Thanks Surprised
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use any setup number up to 2047, provided it isn't already in use by one of your devices.

The GE upgrade uses Misc Audio as the device type, which probably isn't ideal. Recall that each of the 4 device types (TV, Video, Cable, and Audio) have a button map. Any button number in the map can be assigned as part of the upgrade. If you assign a function to a button which isn't in the map for your chosen device, it will be assigned as a keymove, which takes more memory. The Cable device has the largest number of button in its button map, so it probably makes sense to use Cable as the device type.

If you open the upgrade, and look at the Buttons tab, you'll see that some buttons have an asterisk. These starred buttons aren't in the button map. The upgrade has "fan auto" assigned to Info, and "mode" to Menu. Both are starred. Change the device to Cable, and the stars are removed.

This isn't critical, because you still have some keymove/macro memory and upgrade memory left, but unless you're out of upgrade space, it doesn't usually make sense to require keymoves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: