JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bricked rcrp05b

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBMC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Bricked rcrp05b Reply with quote

Every time I put the batteries in the remote the cbl button starts flashing. Two quick blinks over and over. I can get it to communicate with ir. I have tried uploading a file from a working remote to the bricked remote with no luck. Can't get a 981 reset to work. Any ideas?[/b]
CBMC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems as though now it is totally bricked not even responding. Not sure what happened. I was learning from a remote. I plugged into rmir, I downloaded from the remote. I cleared the learned keys, uploaded back to remote and when I unplugged the cable the cbl light was flashing. Oh well. Will just buy another. Though this is the second one of these remotes I have had a problem with. The first one wouldn't recognize in ir. The 2 other ones seem to work flawlessly. Oh well, glad they are cheap.
andyross

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had issues with my RCA, somebody sent a program that lets you access the FULL memory. I bought a second RCA and used that in an attempt to fully reset the original. I still don't know exactly what I did, but I was eventually able to get it working again.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get no communication with IR then it is probably bricked permanently.

The "Brick" can be fixed if you can download and upload to the remote. But without the ability to install a specific program that I wrote to fix these remotes, you're out of luck.

If you can get IR to communicate with it (new batteries, etc) then send me a PM and I'll guide you through uploading a special protocol that will likely fix the remote.

-bill

PS. This remote seems to be the one that has issues. I don't quite understand it, but I've seen more problems with this remote than any other JP1.3 remote. Could you have plugged the cable in backwards and tried to upload? There is some indication that this puts the processor into a diagnostic tool mode (that we don't understand) and it messes things up.
CBMC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. I no longer have the remote. Not a big deal since they are only $9. This is the 2nd one of these rca's that I have had trouble with. The first, I think had a bad solder pin. It worked fine, but would not communicate with jp1. Not sure what happened with this one. I have 3 other rcrp05br remotes that have given me no problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: