JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Integra 80.3 (or Onkyo?) Discrete On/Off Code for 15-2104?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pbc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Integra 80.3 (or Onkyo?) Discrete On/Off Code for 15-2104? Reply with quote

Been trying to find out if I can use my older 15-2104 to program a discrete on/off codes into my MX-500 remote. But can't seem to figure out the right setup code and discrete code combination.

Seems setup codes 0100 and 0135 only control the volume up/down on the 15-2104, but nothing else (even the power on/off toggle).

Is it possible to program a discrete on/off code into this remote without the use of a JP1 cable?

Thanks!
pbc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it seems 0180 is a discrete on for the Integra, but I can't seem to find the discrete off? Some have suggested 0170, but this appears to turn on the tuner.

Hmmm....
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but there is no way the 2104 can send the discrete off without using a cable. The reason is discrete off uses device 210.108, which isn't built in to the 2104. In fact, about half the Integra codes are 210.108, so you can't get very far.

Do you have any other JP1 remotes, like a cable tv remote perhaps?
pbc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured out a way to learn the All Off function that was on the original remote. Essentially that function works as a Macro to turn off all devices setup on the Integra OEM remote. Thankfully the first command appears to be a discrete off for the Integra itself. So I managed to learn that first command into my MX500. Took a few tries and the MX500 froze up probably because I sent multiple commands into it at once, but got it to work.

I do have a remote from my Cisco 8642HD PVR but can't recall the model. Will check.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: