JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Began fine, now stuck...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jukebox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Began fine, now stuck... Reply with quote

wanting to duplicate functions of my Dish remote onto the RS 6 in One
Smart AV remote 15-1994, to use downstairs. I have the RM IR software installed, have the JP1 cable hooked up but navigating through the software I can't make much progress. I guess I need the Dish code to see what's in its memory currently then add or change commands. Searching the net I've found 0775 and 742 as codes for Dish but I don't think they are working. Dish Remote says: 21.0 IR/UHF PRO FCC ID: DKNFSK03 Echostar Technologies 155679
Can you help take me further?
Thank you

Alan Nissenbaum
Manchester, Missouri
Killer2600

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the lookup tool to find the EFC table for either of those two setup codes.

You can also browse the file section for a device upgrade file for your dish receiver. After which you load it into RM, customize it to your remote and button preference (match buttons to functions), save it, open rm ir, create a new remote image specifically for your remote, download from your remote, go to the "devices" tab, at the bottom click new, in the remote master window that opens at the bottom click open, choose your saved device upgrade file, at the bottom right click ok, now the device upgrade should be in the devices tab of rm ir, click upload to remote, and your finished. The setup code associated with the upgrade will now be in the remote and set to your preference.

Sort of long but that's the very basic of programming/customizing these remotes.

Thing to note we don't download from the remote, modify what's in the remote from factory, and upload it back. With that said device upgrades we create can not use setup codes that are already built-in to the remote, a code that the remote does not recognize already has to be chosen.

Hope I didn't confuse you with all that but just wanted to make sure you had a grasp of workflow. Lot's of helpful people and threads on this forum, with a little time and effort you'll be a seasoned vet in no time.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What model is your Dish receiver? THIS upgrade is identical to CBL/SAT code 0775 built into your remote and should work with most Dish receivers. Open it in RM and change the remote model to match yours. Follow the Wiki link above to get started with RMIR.

Lastly, make sure you've set the address in your Dish receiver to 1 and that you are trying to control TV1, not TV2 (assuming you have a 722k or similar).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: