JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RemoteMaster Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim978

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: RemoteMaster Problem Reply with quote

I'm learning to use RM today (RemoteMaster Device Upgrade Editor, v2.02 Beta 1.5w), to update a URC8820 B00 for a new Samsung blu-ray player. I found an rmdu file for a different Samsung model that was similar to what I needed, and have been relatively successful. The player now recognizes signals from my B00.

Here's the problem. I want to save my work in case I need to do some fine tuning ... which I probably will. I click on File - Save As, give the file a new name and press OK ... and nothing happens. No matter how many times I try to save my work, no file is created.

Help!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly which upgrade are you using? We need to take a look to see what is happening.

The remote you are using is a HCS08 JP1.2 version. The RDMU file you opened might not have HCS08 support, if its one of the Blu-Ray upgrades with "manual settings".
Jim978

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for such a quick response. The upgrade file I downloaded is Samsung BD-C5500C.rmdu. My new player is a Samsung BD-EM57C ... if that makes a difference.

The device and protocol data I pasted into IR and uploaded to my remote is pretty much working the way I intended. So, if I change the Setup in RM to a different remote, will that allow me to preserve my work?
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies if this is wide of the mark and too basic, but check that you are saving the file to a valid location that isn't a read-only directory (mainly Linux users) and that the filename doesn't contain illegal characters (mainly Windows users).
Jim978

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved ... thanks underquark.

The folder I was saving to was flagged as read only. I'm not sure how or why that happened (I guess I'm not the only Windows 7 victim), but I reset the attribute and the file saved. Whew!!

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: