JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

UEI Titan atlas OCAP / URC-2056BC0-R
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually download from remote says no RDFs matches signature 3119
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure why a raw download would give all zeros, but the good news is that RMIR knows the signature (311902) of your remote. It had to be able to read the remote to get the signature.

So I guess that your installation doesn't have the needed RDF or perhaps the RDF directory isn't set. You can download the 2056 RDF and make sure that it is in the designated RDF directory.
Seion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok got it working some what. So I created the TV Device and deleted the rest of the devices. I programmed most of the buttons the problem is most of them even if I set the button to an Item try and use the STB button to do the command so like if I click TV then hit the up arrow key the STB(Cable) Blinks and it doesnt work. I can change the volumn punch through and stuff since it was also trying to use the STB Button but what about the rest of the buttons?
Seion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I got it to work by moving the device to the AUX button instead of the TV Button, now it doesnt try and use the STB device for the up and down and left and right buttons.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seion,
Check on the General tab. I suspect that Channel PunchThrough is set to Cable for the TV device. Set CPT to TV if you want all buttons to be sent to the TV when the remote is in the TV device mode. Most users of cable or satellite systems actually want the digit buttons and Ch+/- to be sent to the Cable device, and that is the default behavior.
Seion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to change the channel punch through to tv only, but that only works for the channel buttons. So even if I press up and down when on the tv button it auto tries to use the STB device. The only way I can fix this is by using the AUX button as my TV device and it works just fine.
Anthony_Patrick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not been able to reproduce Seion's problem on my Titan 2056I. I use RMIR v2.02 Beta 1.5r and the RDF / MAP files referenced by 3FG earlier in this thread. My testing still shows that Volume punch through / Transport punch through / Channel punch through all work as expected.

BTW this remote does return all zeros when you download it unless the correct RDF is installed - this is documented in another thread.

Because not all the internal data structures for the Titan have been analyzed, I use the following technique for setting it up and loading upgrades:
1. Do a code "981" factory reset.
2. Download the remote using RMIR and
3. use the "factory default" downloaded image as a base for installing upgrades, macros, settings, etc. using RMIR / RM.
4. Upload the embellished image, again using RMIR.

This method preserves any data that is set by "factory reset" that the RDF / RMIR does not know about.

I have been loading the Titan with this technique since March 2012 and have experienced no operational problems at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: